Getting sold out dolls for collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niltusk

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am fairly new to the 1/6 collecting, but have been trying to fill in the Jedi figures from Sideshow. I've gotten 3 exclusives Fisto, Mace and Plo Koon. Now I wanted to move onto some bad guys and troopers, but I only buy when I see them fairly cheap on Ebay.

Well, heres what worried me. On facebook someone posted that theres a bunch of copies coming from China on the market. Is this true? Is that why I got my Mace for $40 brand new in the box, but hes being sold by others at $100? Did I get ripped or is this just paranoia?

I'm definitely going to get some troopers from the sideshow site especially with their awesome new payment plans, but is there a good place to buy for sold outs or is Ebay fine and I should just shut up if I'm too dumb to tell the difference anyways? :cuckoo:

Hi all,
I am fairly new to the 1/6 collecting, but have been trying to fill in the Jedi figures from Sideshow. I've gotten 3 exclusives Fisto, Mace and Plo Koon. Now I wanted to move onto some bad guys and troopers, but I only buy when I see them fairly cheap on Ebay.

Well, heres what worried me. On facebook someone posted that theres a bunch of copies coming from China on the market. Is this true? Is that why I got my Mace for $40 brand new in the box, but hes being sold by others at $100? Did I get ripped or is this just paranoia?

I'm definitely going to get some troopers from the sideshow site especially with their awesome new payment plans, but is there a good place to buy for sold outs or is Ebay fine and I should just shut up if I'm too dumb to tell the difference anyways? :cuckoo:

You can check out the classifieds here, Rebelscum has some good ones as well. As far as e-bay, I'd just make sure you are comfortable with the seller and you should be okay.

I think you may be mistaking the fact that Sideshow is now having their figures painted out of China...as opposed to earlier when it was not outsourced.

Yep, SS products are now Made in China. At least that what my Captain Rex Box read.

Though to help with your problem, check your local Comic Book Shop.

Hi all,
I am fairly new to the 1/6 collecting

Apparently so. Calling them "dolls" is an offense punishable by tarring and feathering in some circles. :lol

I can guarantee you there are no knock-off Sideshow figures. The closest thing I can think of are the head sculpts that you can sometimes find on ebay that have been taken from Sideshow figures.

I think you may be mistaking the fact that Sideshow is now having their figures painted out of China...as opposed to earlier when it was not outsourced.

When was it not outsourced to China? I'm pretty sure it has been for at least as long as Sideshow's had the Star Wars license.

I got my Mace from a small comic shop for $60 a few months back, so no, I would say you just found a good deal. Look around the web for some small collectible vendors and you can sometimes find a good deal (I usually start wiith Amazon for sold out SW figs). Just read up on them or ask here if anyone has experience dealing with them. I avoid ebay at all costs. The for sale section here is a great place to find stuff you may want. Now if you're looking for 1/6 Vader, be prepared to part with your left nut:lol

Apparently so. Calling them "dolls" is an offense punishable by tarring and feathering in some circles. :lol

Sorry, my only other figures close to this scale are Tonner superheros, so I have to get used to the new lingo :slap

Calling them dolls and admitting to owning Tonner pieces... man you are not starting out on the right foot :lol

Maybe Niltusk read about the Hot Toys bootlegs, which a lot people associate Hot toys with Sideshow, since they distribute them.

But Niltusk, I don't think you have to worry about Sideshow Star Wars figure being bootlegged or "copied" since they all generally can be bought for a fairly low price in the aftermarket. The bootleggers normally only go for high selling pieces like the ones that sell for $400 dollars or up on Ebay.

I am OK with "action figures" being a sub-catagory of "dolls". But they must be called "action figures" to be perfectly accurate.:)

@Niltusk - Welcome! You seem to be up on the cost and how to keep that as low as possible. And a few of your fellow freaks mentioned that you don't really have too much to worry about as far as fakes. So I will just wish you well. You are in for a lot of fun!

i tell people that i dont collect dolls, but i collect movie stars....i have harrison ford, mark hamill, carrie fisher, sam jackson, etc etc...lol....

Ha, nice one!

I guess that explanation will work with statues.
But with figures, once you start posing them... it's like you're playing with them. :D

Back