Gentle Giant goes gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those look ok, im gonna stick with the color versions though. im also thinking about cancelling my boba order--just dont have any room for him.

So am I going to have to trade my Gray Hulk for a Gray Boba Fett?

26.jpg

And look! The packaging for the deformed 501st!!

15.jpg

is there a reason behind this other than being a marketing tactic?
Theres a gray Hulk, cause there really is a gray Hulk. Sideshow makes the SSE monsters cause of the B&W films.

So where do the B&W SW concepts come from? or are they just bandwagon jumpin?
If so you'd think they'd want to do something somewhat original. :rolleyes:

I wonder how these will be distributed. Maybe they'll be randomly packed in very low numbers to drive collectors nuts and make the scalpers rejoice.

The logic of a black and white Vader escapes me. Basically, the little red dots on his chest panel are gray, and he has a gray lightsaber. The guy wasn't bursting with color to begin with...

tomandshell said:
The logic of a black and white Vader escapes me. Basically, the little red dots on his chest panel are gray, and he has a gray lightsaber. The guy wasn't bursting with color to begin with...
It's probably the same logic that went behind the chrome Vader statue.

It's kind of neat to see what Vader, Fett, and Leia looked like back when my great-grandmother first saw them on the screen back in the days of silent movies.

I don't understand this at all. It's already weird enough with the animted maquettes and now they add a gray version? I think I may just cancell this line all together and just get the guys pertaining to Clone Wars.

tomandshell said:
It's kind of neat to see what Vader, Fett, and Leia looked like back when my great-grandmother first saw them on the screen back in the days of silent movies.

Yes but to complete it all, the yshould also be done with the "sound off" option so you have really silent statues! Cool eh! :cool:

This is stupid. But that's just my very humble opinion ofcourse! :rolleyes:

Darth Loki said:
I don't understand this at all. It's already weird enough with the animted maquettes and now they add a gray version? I think I may just cancell this line all together and just get the guys pertaining to Clone Wars.

It's called milking, cause Star Wars fans will buy anything, especially with overrated Fett.

Darth Loki said:

im tempted to do this as well. ive already cancelled my order for the fett, i just cant figure out how bad i want the Vader.

I was originally opposed to the whole idea of the the OT animated maquettes. Then I saw more of them and thought they were a pretty cool item and have all 3 on order. I really do love the Leia and R2, but the others are just OK. I'm going to have to cut back on some things and this may be the first line to go. I'm just really turned off by GG right now with these stupid gray versions. Who the hell cares?! They look stupid and it's just a weak attempt to make a buck by GG. But watch these get an ES of 1000 and then sell on eBay for $600 like Padme. I don't know what Adam and Bob's cancellation policies are, but I'm about to find out.

Back