Dear George Lucas - Please Remake Flash Gordon!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bidge1000

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've mentioned this in another thread. This is one of the stories that influenced George early on, it would be amazing to see his version of that universe on the big screen. He could out camp the eighties version! Heck it could still star Brian Blessed as Voltan!

Come on George, bring on the fun!!

D

:yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess:

Isn't Star Wars GL's Buck Rogers? I'd like for anyone with a decent budget to make flash again, But it would suit Gl's style I think

Might be interesting. The 80's one is fun and has a interesting Queen soundtrack, but the movie is terrible. :lol

I think Georgie should remake Star Wars ............. but he already did ................. :monkey4

I would quite like a grittier more brutal version of Flash Gordon to be made as is the custom now. None of that Saturday morning kids stuff. What about a JJ Abrams version :D

Well, I guess I'll be the lone person agreeing 100% with the original poster. This is a fantastic idea. In fact, I've been saying the same thing for quite some time.

I would love to see Lucas marshal all his resources and make a series of Flash Gordon films. Those of you shooting down the idea have probably never read the original Alex Raymond comic strips. Let me tell you, there's a LOT of Star Wars influence in those panels, and I think it would be terrific to see what George could do with them.

Think about the freedom in storytelling, with none of the continuity and expectations that plagued the Prequels from the start.

Fun is the operative word here. It could be magnificent.

Well, I guess I'll be the lone person agreeing 100% with the original poster. This is a fantastic idea. In fact, I've been saying the same thing for quite some time.

I would love to see Lucas marshal all his resources and make a series of Flash Gordon films. Those of you shooting down the idea have probably never read the original Alex Raymond comic strips. Let me tell you, there's a LOT of Star Wars influence in those panels, and I think it would be terrific to see what George could do with them.

Think about the freedom in storytelling, with none of the continuity and expectations that plagued the Prequels from the start.

Fun is the operative word here. It could be magnificent.

Lucas intended to remake Flash Gordon before Star Wars. Since he couldn't obtain the rights then he opted to make an original film that was heavily influenced by Flash Gordon. This according to the Rinzler books.

So my original comment stands. He already did remake Flash Gordon, it's called Star Wars. :)

Sean

Yes, I know that.

I'm saying that it would be cool to have another Lucas space fantasy, but not Star Wars.

I'd rather have someone use Lucas' money to make a good original film since Lucas has seen his best days a few decades ago. Don't get me wrong, I love the old Flash Gordon serials, used to watch them on PBS as a kid. But I'm pretty tired of remakes.

Sean

Still a lot of Lucas Hate wherever you go!

I feel that this is a movie that could just change everyones mind, I'm telling you it could be big time fun! Like Hedji said earlier, could be a couple of separate stories over a few movies!

The eighties version rocked, (and still does), this is one time where bad dialogue will actually add to the experience! This would be Lucas's love letter to pulp Sci Fi which in itself is an art house genre!

D
:hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5:

I'm sure Lucas has seen this thread and is already on the way to fulfilling your wish.

I think you have to ask yourself one thing, "Would there be anything as awesome as Brian Blessed and his Hawmen?"

The answer would be no.

But do carry on.

I sure didn't hear any Queen in Star Wars.

*Ahem*

queen-amidala-padme-47667249f9-1.jpg

:nana:

Back