Action Figure Joebizz34's The Thing "MacReady" custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joebizz34

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok so here's a new project I'm working on. It is a a MacReady from The Thing. I'm not 100% done with him yet. I need to get his belt and gun holster. I also am going to finish working on a "Thing" monster from the movie to go along with him. Here's pics of him so far.....

First set of pics is him holding the flame thrower before I added the flares to his jacket.

DSC_1255.jpg

DSC_1256.jpg

DSC_1257.jpg

DSC_1259.jpg

DSC_1260.jpg

I like it....and thats saying a lot. Because I generally dont like rooted synthetic hair. Rooted hair reminds me of Barbie, so I usually prefer sculpted. But you pulled it off nicely:duff.

I like it....and thats saying a lot. Because I generally dont like rooted synthetic hair. Rooted hair reminds me of Barbie, so I usually prefer sculpted. But you pulled it off nicely:duff.

Thank You!! I'm glad you like it because I am about to post my latest Jason from part 2 custom where I also used rooted hair. I think it came out pretty good as well but I guess all of you will be the judge. :)

What did you use for the snow/ice in the hair? Looks great!

I used a combination of White Gesso and medium gloss varnish. Pretty much the same method I used for the rest of the snow weathering on him. Thanks for the comment!!

WOW!!! That looks amazing! :clap

Appreciate the feedback. Thanks!!!

Love this piece. Such a cool looking figure. Im really looking forward to seeing your "the thing" too. Thats gonna be sick!

Love this piece. Such a cool looking figure. Im really looking forward to seeing your "the thing" too. Thats gonna be sick!

Thanks Terminator.... I'm working on it right now. There will be updates very soon. I'm going for the spider looking version from the movie to give you an idea....

i always have to stop in at rj macready thread............:lol...........excellent work....:lecture

he was one of my favorite customs to do. i'm really surprized there aren't as many made as i've seen on this board.

i always have to stop in at rj macready thread............:lol...........excellent work....:lecture

he was one of my favorite customs to do. i'm really surprized there aren't as many made as i've seen on this board.

Thank you... and I agree that we are lacking MacReady customs. It would be cool to see a company like Hot Toys do a Thing line and see more of the characters be made from the film.

Ok small update. I'm still working on the actual "Thing" monster but I finally received Mac's belt and holster. I have one more accessory I'm working on getting for him. I'll post pics of that when the time comes.....

DSC_1351.jpg

DSC_1357.jpg

Wow you went off on this figure...Well done custom, it sort of reminds me of them Hong Kong Guys who customize there war figures with all this detail...I remember seeing this type stuff at there Conventions! Awesome Work my friend.

Back