SS PF's the best?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vader AL

RTR
Reaction score
What is everyone's thoughts on the Star Wars PF's released(and unreleased) from SS?

I personally believe for each character they've released they are the best out there. Obi and Vader are hands down the best and even though Han and Luke aren't perfect they are the best of any company. I don't personally care about future (selliing) value so that's not really a criteria for me but i know for some it is.

So I guess the question is: if you could only get one, which company's interpretation would you buy?

as of now, SS's PF really looks great, but also GG is doing great as well. it is really hard to tell since GG doesn't do PF but they do get the likeness almost spot on. By far, SS's PF Han, Obi, and Leah looks awesome.

Sideshow hands down. While the other companies do outstanding work. Sideshow adds realism by incorporating mixed media. I was never a big fan of statues ( I always liked to be able to pose my figures) But with Sideshow I have been very pleased, and with each release they seem to be getting better.

Sideshow's are the only ones I buy so I suppose I can honestly say Sideshow is my answer. Mostly I've not seen any others that really grabbed my interest with a few exceptions. I think that obi PF is the best I've ever seen.

I think the best star wars pf so far is the obi wan. The likeness on that thing is just spot on. The best non star wars pf for me has got to be doom, followed by jason and demon freddy.

SSC and Cinemaquette are the only companies doing this type of collectible right now. DC Direct is getting into it soon too. For me these are the perfect type of "statue" as the fully sculpted statue never appealed to me. And I realize that some people think that real cloth=doll and they will insist that painted resin is preferable to cloth until they are blue in the face.

I really don't think you can compare the PFs to other "statues" out there. I have no other representation of Boba Fett except the Marmit one and will now have the SSC PF. But I never even considered buying any of the statues or busts. So for me, Yes - SSC PFs are the best.

In my world mixed media is a no-brainer. Nothing can compair. Sideshow are definitely within better reach than CM. Of course I'll be adding some CM to my collection eventually as well. But I have passed on very few Sideshow PFs. Obi is awesome, Han is the best out there bar none. Leia is going to rock the house as soon as she arrives. HB is still one of my favorites.

I used to prefer sculpted statues, but with all the recent 1/4 releases, I have changed my mind. I am really looking forward to what sideshow does with some of the armoured lord of the rings characters.

I only buy the best.

Those are Sideshow and CM for now.

:)

For real, the PF line is just incredible and the most accurate pieces out there IMO.

THANK YOU SIDESHOW for the PF line!

Last edited:
For me its mixed media....I love SS PF line and they seem to be getting better with every entry...Doom is really awesome and stands out of the crowd...All I have is the Vader and Obi and I think they are both GREAT!! I have the Leatherface on pre-order and I want to pick up Classic Freddy...If I had the money I would lve to own a couple CMS to...but for now SS PF are the way to go for me.

Collector Freak said:
Fully sculpted statues are the only way to get full accuracy. Plus a lot of Sideshow's sculpting and painting is wonky.

PF is nice, but some look exactly like some puppets
of my younger sister.. so I prefer Sideshow/Weta
LOTR and Attakus for SW... nothing compares to
VADER 1 with 2 Stormtroopers...

Obi Wan and Boba are great PFs!
Looking forward to Lurtz and maybe
an armored Boromir with Gondor Flag
:chew

I have the whole line of Star Wars PF including Han Rebel hero and Luke with Hat and poncho so 7 SW pf for now... for the Marvel collection I have the Green Goblin, Logan and Dr Doom EX... I am collecting Attakus and Gentle Giant also, but I think Sideshow PF are the best representations of the Characters of Star Wars so far... Mixed media IMO is the best and Sideshow is doing a great job... Well cinemaquette is a great company also but the price tag is a little bit high for me for non-starwars collectibles... and as Cinemaquette doesn't have the Star Wars License than I can deffinately say Sideshow is the Best, for me.

Can't wait to get the next 3 SW PF: Leia, Luke & Yoda and BOBA FETT!!!
Well hopefully on Friday at Comicon they'll surprise us with another SW PF... and as DX would say... TWO WORDS...:D Emperor Palpatine:emperor ...

PF's for me mainly because of the Star Wars figures. My first one (Boba Fett) is on pre-order and I'll hopefully be able to get Obi-Wan and Darth Vader someday as well. I feel the mixed media format offers a much more realistic appearance than a statue or bust sculpted in a single medium especially when it comes to things like clothing and armor and despite the likenesses not being 100% accurate on a few of them (Han,Luke & Leia) I think the Star Wars PF's are among the best items of merchandise in the saga's history with Obi-Wan Kenobi being the crown jewel of Sideshow's Star Wars range so far and IMO the benchmark of how to sculpt accurate likenesses.

I believe that sideshow are the best at pfs.

Obi-wan is the only pf that ive got and he is my pride and joy.

Also, someone was speaking of resale value and for that this piece would be excellent also.

I got mine posted for £99 ($180) which is a great price but i wont be selling him

The thing that i believe seperates sideshow is the mixed media

It's hard not to be biased when all I have are SS PF's. But there's a reason all I have are SS PF's. The mixed media really seperates the SW line for me. I only have 3 (Vader, Obi, GG), and they are all jaw droppers. From what we've seen with Fett, it will be too. I'll reserve passing judgement on other lines since I haven't seen them in person.

I'm a BIG fan of SS PF figures. I fell in love with them through finding the Hellboy statue which was my first purchase.

I have been blown away by the SW PF statues in terms of look, quality and detail. Having picked up an AP Green Goblin recently, I had to get Spiderman. I may one day go after Dr Doom. For now I need to keep to SW :emperor

Back