So who's the latest star angling to be a big-screen Wonder Woman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Snoopy

Dark Beagle of the Sith
CF Supporter
Reaction score
From SyFy Blaster...

So who's the latest star angling to be a big-screen Wonder Woman?

For more than a few actresses, Wonder Woman is a dream role, so it's no surprise that the list of ladies lining up to play her keeps getting longer. Now another star is adding her name to that hypothetical casting sheet, and she's already got some serious ass-kicking credentials.

GinaCarano011912-thumb-500x365-81517.jpg

Gina Carano is best known as a mixed martial artist, but this week she's making her big-screen debut as the star of Steven Soderbergh's action flick Haywire. That flick isn't released until tomorrow, but a few people who've already seen Carano action it up in the flick have started dropping Wonder Woman hints. And now Carano herself seems to be up for it.
"We even had a Wonder Woman reference in the film—did you catch it? One of the cops said something to me like, 'Oh, chill out, Wonder Woman.' And I thought that was so funny," Carano said in a new interview with Vulture. "I said to Steven, 'You know there's a little rumor about me and Wonder Woman.' And he said mischievously, 'Oh, that's interesting.'"
Carano certainly has the right physicality for the role, and so far she's getting a fair amount of praise for her acting. A Wonder Woman flick doesn't seem even close to taking shape these days, but if it does happen, and Carano is approached, she already has an idea of what she wants to see.
"If they could do a superhero movie in a more realistic fashion where you could actually believe in it, I would be up for that," she said. "It could still be playful, but that's what I'm representing—the fighting would be real. More than anything, I would want Wonder Woman to be believable, you know?"
So take a look at Haywire this weekend and see if you think the world has found its new Amazon warrior.

I knew it wouldn't be long before the Gina Carano Wonder Woman campaign started. I'm interested in seeing her onscreen persona because in every interview I've seen her in, she's incredibly awkward and soft spoken.

I would totally be in support of Gina Carano as Wonder Woman. She is sexy as hell and has the perfect build to mix the muscular Wonder Woman that most fans like with the sexy female form that every body likes.

I'm wondering why they had someone else do the vocals for her part in Haywire? We know she can kick ass - but I'm waiting to see how well she can act....and it would have been nice to have heard her own vocals - since that plays such a big part in acting.

Someone else didn't do her vocals, her voice was digitally altered:

the new actress explained that Soderbergh needed to do "some altering and some mixing" to deepen her voice so that people would see her and her character as "two completely different entities ... and he did a really genius job at that."

They were trying the ol' Batman where the voice helps set the two different characters but it's her the whole time.

I've been in love with Gina Carano for the last four years, I will see anything she is in. Anything. If she can't act, fine by me. As long as its a couple hours of Gina kicking ass I'm there. I can't freaking wait to see her in Haywire on the big screen :drool

It worked for Stallone, Ahhhhhnold, Segal, Van Dam etc. And none of those turds are even remotely hot.

I think she would be a good choice, based on the, er, commercials I've seen for Haywire. I really wish I could see Haywire at the theaters, but the wife isn't remotely interested. Rental I guess.

I honestly think they'll pick some unknown as WW, someone we've never heard of. That's if there ever is a film, how many years has this discussion being going on for?

she's in the fathom movie

Should be a great movie when it comes out....... Wasn't this suppose to be release last year? :impatient:I don't even think it even been filmed yet? I heard it was actually cancelled..... :eek:

Last edited:
Megan Fox? :lol

A 63lb Wonder Woman. No thanks, the only wonder would be is how she doesn't pass out from malnutrition.

Back