Napoleonic: Dick, 95th Rifles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOLY MACKERAL!
THAT's A FIGURE!

I too am totally into this era now. I have just about completed my own custom version of none other than Napoleon Bonaparte himself, in young officer form (really from the 1927 silent movie about his early years...) and I am now noticing every figure like this!

Very good catch and good point to Sideshow! Let them make even better ones! I mean, they do super figures from WWI and the other wars...why not this era too? It has a large collector following and I bet a limited series of 12" Napoleanics would sell well for them. They have committed to the 18" Napoleon, but I wanna see 12" as that is my scale of collecting.

Great call Rabbit.
Don't flush this Dave. This is a good point, well made.

This forum has always been about any 1/6 military (or 1/4 for that matter). I wish DiD put out Napoleonics like Dragon does Germans. The Ignite Romans and DiD Nappies are the only military I still buy.

Thanks for being understanding, Dave. I didn't want to overstep my burrow as we rabbits say. I really didn't know how to tie this into a Sidshow product. Oh!! Oh!! I know!! You get the uniform off of the DiD figure and put a spare Sideshow Boromir in it. Eh? Eh? (Obscure reference.)

Rabbit

WOW! I dont collect army type figures, but damn, that thing looks amazing...I love the boots and the rifle...top notch!!

Great detailing. The way figures should be made while maintaining an affordable cost to collectors. I would like to see some British figures from Rorke's Drift made and some Zulu warriors. I remeber Cotswold Collectibles making some, years ago.

Very nice. I've got a "Bruce" from that line on the way to make a Napoleonic Duncan McLeod as seen in the flashback with Darius from the TV Series. Not sure at this stage whether I'll transfer the clothes from the DiD figure or do a head swap - any suggestions which would be the better way to go ?

Personally I wish that Sideshow would consider a few "cross over" figures - there are many Highlander instances which would also be historical military figures :)

A nice Richard Sharpe figure could be bashed out of this figure. It beats the uniform set that Cotswold released.

The pictures are not all that great but you get the idea.

sharpe.jpg

sharpequarter.jpg

very nice looking figure. i have been very impressed with the DiD stuff i've picked up so far...and of course anytime we get new napoleonic era stuff i'm all for it. i really dig the cotswold/elite brigade stuff as well. it's a lot of fun.

Got my Richard yesterday (Friday 9-29). As usual a top-notch job by the people of DiD. I especially like the head sculpt. He looks gentle and very human. The front of his tunic seems to be overly tight, but that could just be do to the packaging. I'll know better after he's deboxed. I'm pleased with him.

Rabbit

Hi all,
Received the figure yesterday. All in all for the most part it is a 10. However there is one exception, the musket has some areas painted to simulate metal that should be wood(stock of musket). Other than that I am very satisfied with DiDs efforts. I have given up on Sideshow continuing any of the historical lines. Man that bums me out! :monkey2

Thanks,

Brent

It's hardly an actual announcement so I didn't want to start a new thread, but the next figure in this series, the French Line Infantry, which has been mentioned on Modellersloft for 6 months or so is now pushed back to 2008. Doing the math, I figured out that one myself though :p
Come on DiD enough with the germans, get working on the napoleonics and samurai!

edit: I checked back and this guy was actually first mentioned on ML in February. At that time they also spoke of a Cuirassier. Please don't let this line walk the Green Mile as so many of our beloved military series have...

Last edited:
The always amazing Tony Barton has pointed out a Modeller's Loft advert in the British magazine Military Modelling:

DiD-NapLine.jpg

:chew

Thank you, DH. I can't tell you how much I've been burning with curiosity about who might be next. Because the next DiD horse was to be a galloping grey I was guessing it would be a Scots Greys cavalryman. I certainly would appreciate some horsed figure as well as some Royal Navy. And where in the name of Glavin are all the officers?

You've made my day with this news, my friend. Thanks again.

Rabbit

Greetings, Dante (or should I say "No. 6"). For extra realism the uniform should have several rents and patches and possibly French trousers. The English in the Peninsular Campaign were notoriously short on resupply. But I don't intend to cut up my uniforms either. No need to get radical. That's a grand rifleman that you have, Dante, and you have my affidavit on it. The weathering on the rifle stock and the leather gear looks like the picture was taken in a museum. I bought several of these figures nude just because I liked the head sculpt.

Good job, old thing!!

Rabbit

Back