The "Favorite Films of 2011" Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys, just curious what the general consensus is on movies from last year. It was a pretty good year for movies, overall: From comedies like Bridesmaids to summer Blockbusters like Captain America and Thor to the fall Oscar-bait like The Artist, what were your favorites?

Some of mine include the aforementioned Bridesmaids and Captain America, as well as films like Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and Drive.

Action - Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Drama - The Tree of Life

Family - Hugo

Comedy - I didn't see any

"Rise of the Planet of the Apes" and "Super 8" were by far my favorites. I also really enjoyed "Thor" and didn't hate "Cars 2" (I hated the first one). I laughed and continue to laugh at "Horrible Bosses." The only ones I saw I didn't really care for were "Contagion," "Captain American," "Green Lantern," and "Bridesmaids."

Those are all the films I can think of that I saw. If I didn't list some I did go see, they must have been especially forgettable (and that's an accomplishment since I vaguely remember "Green Lantern!").

I loved this year.

Super 8, First Class, Rise of the Apes, Captain America. Those movies made it for me.

This year was alright,but definitely the best ever.
My favorites:
Captain America
First Class
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Thor
Warrior

Still haven't seen:
Drive
Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Worst:
the Thing (didn't hate it, but it wasn't anything memorable. still a good horror though)
Bridesmaids
Green Hornet

Favorite overall - ROTPOTA
Favorite animated - Rango
Favorite comedy - Tucker and Dale. Yea, it was goofy but fun, and a lot funnier than Bridesmaids.
Favorite superhero - X-men First Class.
Favorite Drama - Girl with the Dragon Tatoo

1. Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
2. X-Men: First Class
3. Rise of the Apes
4. Captain America
5. Limitless
6. Harry Potter
7. Super 8
8. Thor

132. Pirates of the Carribean

132. Pirates of the Carribean

Ah, yes. I did see that one too! :lol

I honestly liked it better than the second one. I didn't bother with the third because I hated the second so much. I wouldn't have bothered with the fourth but I went with some Disney die-hards who liked all of the PotC movies. They didn't care for this one much. Don't understand why they think the second (and possibly the third) are better.

The first is the best and I don't wanna be bothered with anymore sequels in this franchise personally unless they retconned 2-4.

Ah, yes. I did see that one too! :lol

I honestly liked it better than the second one. I didn't bother with the third because I hated the second so much. I wouldn't have bothered with the fourth but I went with some Disney die-hards who liked all of the PotC movies. They didn't care for this one much. Don't understand why they think the second (and possibly the third) are better.

The first is the best and I don't wanna be bothered with anymore sequels in this franchise personally unless they retconned 2-4.

I still haven't yet

^ I loved the second one, and of course the first..I can't even remember the third..

The fourth was just bland and boring imo..and I wasn't feeling Blackbeard at all.

Back