Greatest Horror Icon..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Darkness

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sparked by a comment Larry said..

knewby said:
Yup....the first 12" Jason figure...The one we all waited for...But it, IMO, is not the greatest horro figure ever.............Larry

I got to wondering who is the greatest horror icon of all time, in your opinion...Not the greatest horror figure,not the greatest horror movie, but the greatest horror character...Theres hundres to choose from...Everything from Dracula to Jason....Whos your favorite and why??

for me, the greatest horror icon is Sadako (the little girl) from the original film Ring. It was the first Asian horror film I watched and basically lured me into watching more Asian horror.

I'd have to say the most profilic icon is Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's Monster.

As for my personal favorite, I don't have one specific favorite.

Most terrifying for me was Reverend Kane in Poltergeist 2 !!!!! No 10 years old kid could watch this movie without having some nightmares about this evil, freaky old man !!!

'' You're all gonna die.. !!!! ''

Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's Monster is the most iconic.

No question about it.

Jason is up there as well. That hockey masked forever changed horror movies.

Gruson said:

No question about it.

Yeah, there was just so much there in Karloff's performance.... and that face will always be the face of the Monster, all other actors to try and top it could never fill his shoes. His look was a mixture of sadness, desire and intimidation all at once. Just amazing and very deserving of the title of most iconic Horror character.

Oh and Shai.... you are soooo right about the Reverend! He really freaked me out as a kid. I was seriously afraid of old people for a long time after that.:rotfl

Icon = Karloff/Monster

Favorite = Max Shrek/Count Orlok

Most terrifying = Glenn Close/Fatal Atraction :D

Gruson said:

i wonder how they came up with the hockey mask?? "hey guys, how abouta catcher's mask??" ---"NO!!! thats not scary enough!!--- hey! who's hockey equipment is that over there in the breakroom???"

Shai Hulud said:
Most terrifying for me was Reverend Kane in Poltergeist 2 !!!!! No 10 years old kid could watch this movie without having some nightmares about this evil, freaky old man !!!

'' You're all gonna die.. !!!! ''

What to hear something truly freaky then when I was 23 I started dating a girl from work at the time who just moved to MA. from Cali. her jeep busted down in PA. and I agreed to take her to pick it up I figured hey what the hell I had nothing to do that weekend and never been to PA. Well we just gotten on the NY turnpike and my car poo the bed. We got it towed to a mechanic who had to order the part so my car wouldn't be fixed for about a week. We ended up hitching a ride with the mechanics friend who was a trucker so he brought us to about 3 miles from where her jeep was and had some kid who helped her out with the jeep fixing it and he said we could stay the night there. Well I walk intom the house me and my Marilyn Manson Shirt with "I am the God of Fuc*" written on the back. and the house we walked into instantly gave me the creeps It was all religious and the kids DAD looked just like the reverend from Poltergeist 2 and he talked just like him and started preaching to me and all. What awkward dinner conversion it was we had. The first chance I got to tell my girl we need to get out of there there was no way I was staying the night she agreed and we headed home. Don't get me wrong they were extremely nice, caring and willing to help in any way the father just freaked me out. The worst part of the whole experience was the ride home her jeep had no doors ( no need from the warm part of cali that she came from) and it was the beginning of winter so even wrapping myself in Blankets I still froze my arse off.

This is a no-brainer...Frankenstein's Monster is easily the most famous, recognizable horror figure ever.....My fav is Leatherface however....Larry

Pretty much have to agree with most here... Karloff's Frankenstein's Monster has to be the most universally (pun intended) recognized monster of all time. Right behind would be Lugosi's Dracula and probably Chaney's Phantom!

My favorite would be a hard choice, but would be one of the above or the Creature.

Gruson said:

No question about it.

Agree. No one can top Frankenstein's Monster.

Second has to be Dracula.

Jason and Michael Myers are good choices.

student_toe5 said:
well, what about Nosferatu? Isn't he be the first Dracula?

Well technically Bram Stokers Count Dracula was ripped off to make Count Orlok(although its a brilliant film) But Bela Lagosi's Dracula was after Nosferatu so its kinda confusing.

Back