Which paint colors are essential?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genorules

Freaked Out
Reaction score
So as a novice aspiring painter I want to pick up a paint brush and play around on some spare heads/bodies.

With hundreds of paint colors out there, what are the essentials for eyes, skin, hair etc.? Looking to put together a solid starter set with 20-30 colors.

Any Acrylic Gloss varnish will work for sweat?

70% of the time I mix my colors for painting, so what colors you might need depends on the situation.

For basic skin tones you should be using Raw Sienna and Burnt Sienna with a ix on titanium white until you get it right.

Acrylic Gloss will work for sweat.

There is no "rule", just experiment.

70% of the time I mix my colors for painting, so what colors you might need depends on the situation.

For basic skin tones you should be using Raw Sienna and Burnt Sienna with a ix on titanium white until you get it right.

Acrylic Gloss will work for sweat.

There is no "rule", just experiment.

Hmm, I wonder if Acrylic Gloss works as water? Like a thin layer of rain, for example. I don't want to use all resin as a base. I wanted to do dark water/ocean with a slight shine/reflection on the top. I wonder how resin mesh with plaster.

Thanks for the reply. The reason I ask is because I plan to order some Vallejo paints and not sure which colors to choose. Their game colors all have strange names, wish I knew the literal translation of their game colors.

Hmm, I wonder if Acrylic Gloss works as water? Like a thin layer of rain, for example. I don't want to use all resin as a base. I wanted to do dark water/ocean with a slight shine/reflection on the top. I wonder how resin mesh with plaster.

Never tried it but I don't think why it can't, it's just to give a glossy/shiny effect on any surface.

Thanks for the reply. The reason I ask is because I plan to order some Vallejo paints and not sure which colors to choose. Their game colors all have strange names, wish I knew the literal translation of their game colors.

Vallejo are one of the best paints I've used.

Back