Premium Format Yoda - puppet or CG model?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

There was a poll about this but not how it related to the Premium Format figures. Obviously Yoda will have to be done, if it's with a Dagobah Luke, obviously they'll use the original Empire puppet look of Yoda.

But if you had your choice - which Yoda would you prefer for the PF? What scene and/or pose?

I would the CG Yoda. The look to me was a tad better but the Puppet was cool as well. If they are going to use the OT then something from Dagobah would be fine and use the puppet look since it fits better. If they go NT the I would like something from him fighting Sidious or Dooku.

That's a good question. On one hand I'd like PT Yoda to go with other members of the Jedi Council. On the other hand, there's something to be said about OT Yoda.

If I had to choose one, it'd probably be OT Yoda.

OT Yoda all the way...I hate the new Yoda.

They changed his character too much for the PT.

Yoda was a mysterious/magical/wise Jedi in TESB/ROTJ...in the PT they turned him into a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle....

Re: Premium Format Yoda - puppet or CG ?

:mwaha I couldn't agree more, I passed on the GG Yoda bust for this reason, and love the new one coming. OG Yoda :rock

OT Yoda handsdown.

Not to say that I would pass if they did a PT version. But gotta have the OT first.

Well, more ot then anything but I don't want him looking obviously like a pupet.

I can do without the strings and sticks.

Jesse :p

Well, GG is already coming out with a life-size EPIII Yoda; so, I guess an OT Yoda would be in order for the 1/4 line. I dunno; I'd like both. An OT kooky/mystic Yoda for the Dagobah scene with Luke, and a PT bad ass Jedi Master Yoda from EP II or III.

I'd like to see a Dagobah Luke w/ OT Yoda on his back from the training scenes....

A 1/4 scale OT similar to GG's 2nd bust but fs would be my preference. It doesn't look too puppet like.

Newer CGI one....I saw the new trilogy before the original one, and I was stunned into laughter at puppet Yoda, that was too much like a muppet, especially with Frank Oz doing the voice. "Gone to the dark side he has, wokka wokka" and all that.

Back to LOTR I go....

Re: Re

well, i already have the illusive concepts ESB Yoda so i guess it depends on how it looks(whichever one they decide) i would really like one from either episode II or III, but if they did a really good job on one from ESB i dont think id be able to say no.

SAME

Yoda looks exactly the same in all the films but TPM to me,except for the grey cardi ! How different can a small statue be??

Re: SAME

The puppet used in ESB looks very different from the CG character used in AOC and ROTS. The puppet from TPM looks completely different from either of those though.

Re: SAME

I'll take either Yoda...if it looks good. I'm easy that way...I like them both. In a few years when they re-release the movies again...OTC Yoda is going to be digitized anyway! lol

Back