EFX Tie Fighter Pre-Order Wait

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BankruptCollector

Freaked Out
Reaction score
hi folks,

i ordered and paid a deposit for my tie fighter from efx almost 18 months ago. i ordered it through a local retailer that has a efx license. has anyone received their's as of late? or know of how long we can expect the wait to be? i keep calling the place i ordered it at but they keep giving me the same answer, efx has not responded to them.

any info would be greatly appreciated!

Last message received from Bryan at eFX fron the Rebelscum forum......

"The ANH TIE that was shown at Comic-Con is the final pre-production sample.

The model shown at Comic Con was very different from the previous versions that have shown at Comic Con last year and Celebration V. That one was made entirely in resin. Unfortunately, as we went through the final development, the vendor was not able to product multiple items consistently.So we invested more the $85K in tooling, so some of the difficult pieces to replicate consistently in resin and especially at our quality level!

As soon as we get the final approval from Lucasfilm, we will start production.

Thanks!

Bryan "

Almost 2 yrs ago now for me. Some of that $$$ spent in production was our money.
Better not take another 2 years!

The scary thing here gents is simple economics.

eFX is such a small company, and with the overall delays, something's got to give. There is more money going out than coming in. Every product delay is costing them. On top of the delays they have standard outgoings, etc.

If you sit down and do the math - even with all our deposits... things aren't looking great.

Add to that, their convoluted customer service style, and here is why I have been so vocal about the way they run their business.

All I can say is, they must have one hell of an investor/backer behind them, because from first hand experience, my backers would lynch me if this was how my company conducted itself.

The scary thing here gents is simple economics.

eFX is such a small company, and with the overall delays, something's got to give. There is more money going out than coming in. Every product delay is costing them. On top of the delays they have standard outgoings, etc.

If you sit down and do the math - even with all our deposits... things aren't looking great.

Add to that, their convoluted customer service style, and here is why I have been so vocal about the way they run their business.

All I can say is, they must have one hell of an investor/backer behind them, because from first hand experience, my backers would lynch me if this was how my company conducted itself.

You nailed it!
However I equate them to some of the best in the business.
Im here in Wa. and work with Valve software. These guys only put out maybe one game a year. They dont care how long it takes, they know they have a winner once its out.
Yes their model is so different than most startups. I sure hope they make it, I do my part by buying most Efx products as to me they are quality.

You nailed it!
However I equate them to some of the best in the business.
Im here in Wa. and work with Valve software. These guys only put out maybe one game a year. They dont care how long it takes, they know they have a winner once its out.
Yes their model is so different than most startups. I sure hope they make it, I do my part by buying most Efx products as to me they are quality.

Good points, but aren't games not subject to ES. A killer game can move
"x" units, but these eFX units are limited in number, thus capping it's potential earnings?

i dont really understand their (efx) business model as a whole. but to offer pre-orders and not give a shipping date, or give one and delay it over and over again - isn't good business at all. poor customer retainership!

i waited for months on the mcq concept vader. then over half a year on the luke reveal (which just arrived last week btw).

although like stated above, their stuff has all been quality made. no quarrels with any of the pieces i do own. my wife use to be a teacher and she would always say....it doesn't matter what the students put into the assignment, a late assignment is a late assignment. and better work is to be expected, simply because they had more time to work on it then what was agreed upon in the first.

shoot, if even one of their future pieces arrive in any form less than spectacular.....i just dont see myself ordering more stuff from them.

I don't mind waiting on my EFX preorders but I do wish EFX would work on customer service relations.

Hi does anyone know what's going on with this piece. Is it too late to place a preorder. Anyone has experience ordering from redford films? they still have this up for preorder.

In the grand scheme of things nowdays $1000 is really nothing for a studio scale replica such as this considering how much prices have went up. But it seems efx is some one man operation that can go away at any time, which makes me a bit nervous.

Thoughts on
1) when efx will deliver this soon
2) preordering from redford films?

thanks

Hi does anyone know what's going on with this piece. Is it too late to place a preorder. Anyone has experience ordering from redford films? they still have this up for preorder.

In the grand scheme of things nowdays $1000 is really nothing for a studio scale replica such as this considering how much prices have went up. But it seems efx is some one man operation that can go away at any time, which makes me a bit nervous.

Thoughts on
1) when efx will deliver this soon
2) preordering from redford films?

thanks

I've ordered form Redford Films several times without any issues. I ordered two GG Sucker Punch statues and few Sideshow items. No probelms with my orders or shipping.

I ordered the EFX Luke Reveal from Redford a few weeks ago...no problems whatsoever. I think it was delivered in 5 days.

EDIT: I also have the EFX Tie on order, wondering which will come first; the TIE or my unborn daughter's wedding day.

I ordered the EFX Luke Reveal from Redford a few weeks ago...no problems whatsoever. I think it was delivered in 5 days.

EDIT: I also have the EFX Tie on order, wondering which will come first; the TIE or my unborn daughter's wedding day.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

i just found out the efx x-wing cost $100 less than tie fighter when it went on sale. Isnt that kind strange, the x-wing seem to be much more difficult to make and requires more parts.

Really? I thought the X-Wing was $1200.00 - $1500.00? Definitely never saw one retail that was advertised at $900.00, though maybe I missed it. Hard to reconcile, though, as the X-Wing looks much more complex than the TIE (e.g., engine lights, attack position wing option, etc.).

Back