Syfy: Face Off 2 with POP Culture Shock Toys' Jerry Macaluso

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Syfy: Face Off 2 Season Premiere

Jerry Macaluso is on season 2. He owns Pop Culture Shock that makes the Street Fighter PF's.

I always think of this scene when I see adverts for this show

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3NypWIJtM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3NypWIJtM[/ame]

Yes I have been watching Jerry.
I have meet him personally and he is not lazy

Artists are a special breed guys. Jerry is a real nice guy in person, his ambitious and very talented

Really getting a kick watching him on TV. I hope he wins the whole thing! :clap

I hope he's not as lazy as he looked in that episode. :lol

I wonder if Jerry held back since he already had immunity from winning the first challenge. Based on his performance on the first challenge, I was expecting more out his witch design but I guess he can't reveal all the tricks he has up his sleeves yet.

The women team's lion was laughable and the paws design by the britney spears look alike contestant looked really awkward for the stature of their male model considering she used her own hands for the molds. I can see Sue chewing out other members in future episodes, she always got something to complain about. :lol

I wonder if Jerry held back since he already had immunity from winning the first challenge. Based on his performance on the first challenge, I was expecting more out his witch design but I guess he can't reveal all the tricks he has up his sleeves yet.

The women team's lion was laughable and the paws design by the britney spears look alike contestant looked really awkward for the stature of their male model considering she used her own hands for the molds. I can see Sue chewing out other members in future episodes, she always got something to complain about. :lol

I think if you took the Scarecrow, and Tin Man from the lady's team, and the witch and the lion from the guys, you'd have one hell of a horrific Oz movie. I know they hella liked it, but I thought the witch for the girls team looked like a rejected concept from Project Runway.

I think if you took the Scarecrow, and Tin Man from the lady's team, and the witch and the lion from the guys, you'd have one hell of a horrific Oz movie. I know they hella liked it, but I thought the witch for the girls team looked like a rejected concept from Project Runway.

Haha, I agree. I think the judges like the girls' concept because you can still see the likeness of the model and envision her really looking like that. I just think she put more effort in acting out her character which made her stand out more on stage. The guys' lion was definitely my favorite concept of the night.

Haha, I agree. I think the judges like the girls' concept because you can still see the likeness of the model and envision her really looking like that. I just think she put more effort in acting out her character which made her stand out more on stage. The guys' lion was definitely my favorite concept of the night.

The lion was a close second for me. The ladys' Scarecrow was just too friggin' wicked as ____ to ignore. Put the right actor in that suit and you could have a kickass horror movie based on that character alone. :lol

Jerry posted this over SF which I found rather interesting. Thought I share it here for freaks that don't frequent there. :peace

Im far more experienced than anyone else, however, I had been out of special effects for 10 years and was VERY rusty.

We called the time and materials limitations the 'great equalizer'.

So while I had much more experience, that was in the 90s and since then I have grown complacent in that I pretty much make my own schedules and do things at the pace I want.

Then you have these 'kids' who may only a have a few years experience but its recent and they are hungry and full of energy.

Plus there are new materials Im not familiar with that they grew up using.

I was talking to the producer last night and he told me there is no way I would have been on it if I hadnt been out of the business for 10 years.

So really, its a pretty fair competition when you consider all the factors.

Plus they DO grade us on a curve based on our levels of experience and talent. So if I and say, Sue , did the exact same makeup she would get a lot more points for it.

I knew they were going to play me up as the cocky old timer. Remember they had almost 30 hours of footage of each of us to edit together to create the 'character' they wanted.

If you took 30 hours of anyone you would have enough footage to portray them in any way you want.

For example, theres a good backstory to that shot of me sitting in the chair...

My model was a pain in the ass who hated wearing the makeup. She had never done it before. I got my makeup about 60% done and she decided she couldnt handle it and needed it taken off.

So I take her makeup off and she goes to clean her face in the bathroom and I sit in the chair for a few minutes waiting for her to come back out.

Anyway we finally convince her to let me put the makeup back on but only glue it lightly and not around her eyes so it looked pretty bad.

Of course they dont show or mention any of that, nor do they say that my model was FIRED after that first episode for being too difficult.

They also dont show or mention that I made all the tree-limb fingers for the mens team scarecrow and that I formulated all the silicone rubber for the mens Lion and tin man since the other guys didnt know how to do it. So I held 'school' for a while.

Its a tv show. I knew it going into it since Im in the business.

But I had a ton of fun doing it and knew that my reputation in both the film and toy industries is solid so I didnt worry about looking bad.

Jerry posted this over SF which I found rather interesting. Thought I share it here for freaks that don't frequent there. :peace

Thanks for the update(S) :clap
Hope more coming, as some of us choose not to go to SF anymore

Nice to read these things because Jerry, to me, really came across as a ____.

I've met Jerry several times and he's really a cool and humble guy. Unfortunately reality shows take things out of context and make some of the contestants look like a ****** when they're really not.

I've met Jerry several times and he's really a cool and humble guy. Unfortunately reality shows take things out of context and make some of the contestants look like a ****** when they're really not.

I agree, I've seen his interaction with his fans and collectors of his work and at least online, he certainly doesn't come across that way.

Guess it's not that hard for editing to make you look like a ****** when you're doing a fairly good job of it yourself. :huh :lol

Screen-shot-2012-01-19-at-121335-PM.png

Heather and Athena's lionfish was definitely my favorite. The make up application on it was phenomenal. It was the only one that actually resembled their sea animal.

The worst was Ian and RJ's zebra shark. I was like WTF? When Ian said, "I think we might have this," the guacamole from my quesadilla nearly came out of my nose.

Jerry and Nix's sea turtle may not have been up to par in the sculpting and make up applications department but the model almost drowning was an accurate representation to me :huh real life ones do come out of the water for air :rotfl

Back