Head plugs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenonithus

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Just wondering if you can get or whats the best solution for head plugs/rings for ball joints? I want to put a custom head on a hot toys TTM19 body. I assume I'd have to drill out the hole and insert the rubber ring.

Some others have done the neck plug transplant, though it seem like it would be difficult. I'm guessing you could also try to drill the hole slightly larger than what you want and apply some silicone gel around the edges until it gets to a size that will allow the neck plug to fit as tightly as you need it to.

With customs, I find it is easiest if you use the sculpts with necks attached. Then, easy enough to find one of the little neck joints you need, cut off the part that plugs into the stock heads, then glue the custom in its place. Unfortunately, that's not an option with muscle bodies.

I dont bother most of the time for muscle bodies. The heads usually have enough friction to keep them. One thing I have been kicking around is using magnets. HT and Enterbay have been using them and Im sure it could work just fine on these. One in the head and one in the neck.

I tried this out on my latest and it worked frickn great.

These magnets I have fit perfectly into the neck. You can get a pack of ten at Harbor Freight for $2.

2012-01-12_15-38-20_861.jpg

2012-01-12_15-38-36_37.jpg

I dont bother most of the time for muscle bodies. The heads usually have enough friction to keep them. One thing I have been kicking around is using magnets. HT and Enterbay have been using them and Im sure it could work just fine on these. One in the head and one in the neck.

thats true, though I still find they topple off when I forget and pick them up.

pm sent skinman :)

Some others have done the neck plug transplant, though it seem like it would be difficult. I'm guessing you could also try to drill the hole slightly larger than what you want and apply some silicone gel around the edges until it gets to a size that will allow the neck plug to fit as tightly as you need it to.

whats the silicone gel called?? i need to buy some

whats the silicone gel called?? i need to buy some
I'm just thinking of silicone caulk stuff that you can buy at the hardware store.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-908570-2-7-Ounce-Silicone-Waterproof/dp/B0002BBX3U/ref=sr_1_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1326472075&sr=1-2[/ame]

I usually do this but just drill a hole and don’t bother filling it (11mm I think) then just slide it on. If needed you can widen it slightly with a dremmel or sand paper.

With customs, I find it is easiest if you use the sculpts with necks attached. Then, easy enough to find one of the little neck joints you need, cut off the part that plugs into the stock heads, then glue the custom in its place. Unfortunately, that's not an option with muscle bodies.

yeah I was thinking of just a hole in the resin. The head joint is soft plastic so assuming it would just squash in. Maybe the rubber ensures less presure on the joint plastic.

I'm currently sculpting a Mel Gibson Braveheart head to be mounted on a TTM19 muscle body...

using the magnet technique above... would you still be able to pose head nodded forward or up? Or only swivel left-right?

I want to sculpt and cast with the proper sized cylindrical hole, but didn't know if I should drill for ball joint, or adapter ring...

Any thoughts which would be better?

And can anyone confirm that the DX Indy is the same neck/body? (I don't have my hands on a TTM19 yet, so I'm using this instead.)

I'm currently sculpting a Mel Gibson Braveheart head to be mounted on a TTM19 muscle body...

using the magnet technique above... would you still be able to pose head nodded forward or up? Or only swivel left-right?

I want to sculpt and cast with the proper sized cylindrical hole, but didn't know if I should drill for ball joint, or adapter ring...

Any thoughts which would be better?

And can anyone confirm that the DX Indy is the same neck/body? (I don't have my hands on a TTM19 yet, so I'm using this instead.)

I have tried the magnet technique and it's good, but unfortunately it snaps back to it's original position if you move it. Unless you can move the magnet inside the neck.

Back