Snagged loose mint Jason part 3!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knewby

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Recently picked up the pinnacle of Sideshow's modern horror figures...Jason from part 3.....best part is the price........$30 for the loose mint complete figure......................:lol :lol .............................Larry

Yes indeed Mookey.... That one is the Part 3 Jason. The box has the movie poster inside and the cast listing, but I guess it released before they really had the full line planned. Hence no Part 3 in the title...:rolleyes:

It's a wonderful figure even with it's limitations... (no neck or wrist articulation) The sculpt it spot on and it's nice to have a figure with an actual neck to speak of.... :lol

The mask is a little thick, but still it looks nice and fresh, just like in the movie.

Glad you got such a nice steal on him Knewby!! You deserve it!

Thanks guys....I have one in the box but could never bring myself to open it. I've been looking forever for a loose one and this one kinda fell in my lap so to speak. Nice to get a good deal every now and then......:rolleyes: ..Larry

abstractharmony said:
Good Deal!!!!

Congrats on getting the greatest horror figure thus far by ANY company.

First, congrats on the purchase. However, as to the quote above... I just don't get why everyone wants to appoints this version the "end-all, be-all" Jason figure. Don't get me wrong.. its nice. But I would take a Part 7 over the classic version in a heart beat. Sure, its only an opinion, but I have never seen what elevates the classic version so high for so many people.

DouglasMcc said:
First, congrats on the purchase. However, as to the quote above... I just don't get why everyone wants to appoints this version the "end-all, be-all" Jason figure. Don't get me wrong.. its nice. But I would take a Part 7 over the classic version in a heart beat. Sure, its only an opinion, but I have never seen what elevates the classic version so high for so many people.

I think you sumed it up in your last line...its the classic Jason. Part 3 was the first Jason movie I ever saw and that image of him will always be how I picture Jason.When he first adopted the mask.However part 7 is my close 2nd favorite.

Yup....the first Jason 12" figure...the one we all waited for. But it, IMO, is certainly not the greatest horror figure ever.........................Larry

DouglasMcc said:

The size, the sculpt, the pose, the clothes, the mask.

This just IS Jason.

It's Jason at his peak when he was a prodigiously strong, mishapen human, killing people for vengence.

abstractharmony said:
The size, the sculpt, the pose, the clothes, the mask.

This just IS Jason.

It's Jason at his peak when he was a prodigiously strong, mishapen human, killing people for vengence.

Word..........

denger4000 said:
Is it possible these are dropping in value? people seem to be gettiing deals all of a sudden and often.

Prolly cause of Jason 4 that will be coming out, which has the good chance of topping Jason 3 for best figure. FvJ Jason is pretty damn sweet too.

EVILFACE said:
Prolly cause of Jason 4 that will be coming out, which has the good chance of topping Jason 3 for best figure. FvJ Jason is pretty damn sweet too.

It makes sense, since Part 4 Jason is basically a slimmed down version of Part 3 Jason, with added articulation.

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
It makes sense, since Part 4 Jason is basically a slimmed down version of Part 3 Jason, with added articulation.

And super-duper underbite action. The split hand gives me the creeps.

I have this guy. It really is a great sculpt. I won't lie though. I have been thinking of selling mine on ebay so I can start raising money for the sideshow Jason 1/4 scale figure. A bud of mine has it and it almost looks like Jason is about to come alive and jump of his stand.

However I just don't think I can bring myself to part with it.

Back