Swordmaster Bob Anderson RIP...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedibear

Figuring it out
CF Supporter
Reaction score
The original sword master has passed away...

As Star Wars fans, we will always experience his mastery every time we watch ESB as Vader menaces Luke in Cloud City before that fateful revelation...

His moves were always economical but effective....

Here's a link to a Wikipedia entry on Mr. Anderson's contributions to cinema over the years....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Anderson_%28fencer%29

You'll see that he continued to contribute his talent right up to the forthcoming "Hobbit" movie...

Rest in peace, sir....

I just recently saw the extras on POTC with him on it. The guy was good. Man, was he involved in a lot of films over the years too.

Aw, man, sad news. Great that his skillful training had such an impact on movies, and eventually on all of us.

Yeah this is sad news. He really did contribute a lot to films right up into his 80s if you look at The LOTR films he was in as well as POTC!! RIP Bob

Rest in peace Mr. Anderson and thank you for your contributions to some of the greatest movies ever made.

Sad news indeed. It was only a matter of a few weeks ago that I watched
the documentary "Reclaiming the Blade". He was a legend.

I recommend watching this if you get the chance.

Sad news and I am surprised that he was involved in so many major movies with great sword fighting scenes.

I'll be honest and say OT sword fight scene kinda suck though. Definitely not his best work.

Does anyone know if Bob Anderson lived near Ottawa, Canada, at some point in his career?
Recently told he was part of the canadian olympic fencing team as coach. Just want to know if its true...nothing wiki.

:(

bobanderson.jpg

Back