1st Clone Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian_Wolverine

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello fellow star wars freaks, I need your help today I was planning to pick up my first 12" Clone I had my heart set on Rex but unfortunately all sold out. So I am left with the option of Cody or Bly, I already have a Koto bly but I am not a huge fan of the weathering done on cody, I have seen them both displayed right beside each other and will have both one day but which one to start any opinions or feedback would be great.

Thanks

Hello fellow star wars freaks, I need your help today I was planning to pick up my first 12" Clone I had my heart set on Rex but unfortunately all sold out. So I am left with the option of Cody or Bly, I already have a Koto bly but I am not a huge fan of the weathering done on cody, I have seen them both displayed right beside each other and will have both one day but which one to start any opinions or feedback would be great.

Thanks

Rex is in stock at sideshow? :dunno

Well, since you don't like the weathering on Cody you should go with Bly. :dunno Of the 2 I like Cody, although I haven't seen Bly in person, he should be arriving within the next week. :yess:

Personally I like Bly out of the Commanders released in Phase II though not necessarily in Phase III.

Personally I like Bly out of the Commanders released in Phase II though not necessarily in Phase III.

I think you have your Phases confused with your Episodes. ATOC = Phase I armor. ROTS = Phase II armor

Cody, Bly's helmet is kind of bunk. Cody is more iconic and all around a better figure. Bly also has skirt issues.

Probably, in all reality the prequels kind of mash together into one thing anyway.

I hear you. As time goes on, the clones are one of the few things I look back fondly on regarding the prequels.

Both are awesome figures, it's a hard choice. If forced I would go with Bly though. Nothing to do with character preference. Mainly because I'm a phase 1 helmet guy and I think Bly's phase 1 looks cooler, and I just kinda like his color scheme more.

Definitely get Rex when you can too, very cool figure.

Good gets at Toy Traders! Was going to say when did they sell out of the Rex? They had a few when I was there boxing day... they only keep one on the shelf then have the rest in the back!

Last edited:
Personally, I like Bly more because he looks great in both the Phase 1 and 2 helmet. That and I love the skirt and gun holsters.

Really like both of them spent most of the night figuring out the poses to put them in. lol. ( solominic_knight ) I had called a head because I had to exchange a statue so I asked for them to put one aside but they told me none were left so I was happy when I saw Rex on the shelf and I was quite impressed with the Utapau trooper! Cody and Bly are next or possible the desert stormtrooper

I think Cody edges out Bly because his weathering and more unique design is better IMO, i do wonder why my Bly has a fake printed on wrist panel on the left forearm armor.

Really like both of them spent most of the night figuring out the poses to put them in. lol. ( solominic_knight ) I had called a head because I had to exchange a statue so I asked for them to put one aside but they told me none were left so I was happy when I saw Rex on the shelf and I was quite impressed with the Utapau trooper! Cody and Bly are next or possible the desert stormtrooper

The Utapau trooper was the first armored trooper i got and is still one of my favorites :yess:

Back