Original Tron: Any updates on potential 1/6th?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I'd seen any discussion and was curious if anyone had heard about the possibility of 1/6th versions of the original Tron characters from the 80's.

Hope everyone is having a great Holiday and thanks.

I think Disney has a weird relationship with the original Tron. One would think they would have re-released the film on DVD before Legacy came out. They wanted to service fans of the original film on one hand by making a sequel rather than a reboot but I think there was this fear that if newcomers saw the original first it would turn them off and they wouldn't be lured to go see Legacy in the theater.
I think the same holds true for the merchandising end of things. When the Spinmaster line came out I was really hoping to see some stuff from the original, even if they were chase figures. Over at Tron-Sector's boards there was a member who claimed to work for them and I believe he did because everything he told us came true. He said original movie figures were brought up and quickly squashed. I think if the line had continued we may have seen Tron: Evolution figures before anything from the original films.
I do think part of why Sideshow and Hot Toy's products have been slow coming out is the engineering of light up features. At this point, I'm really hoping Tron:Uprising gives the franchise a shot in the arm. If I could just get two more Legacy figures out of HT I'd be extremely pleased.

Back