Ultra-Violet Digital Copy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

occulum

ExeKutioner
Reaction score
whats up with this?
looks like the actual downloadable digital copy will only play on PCs while Macs otherwise must have an internet connection to stream it. Are they completely unaware of iPhones, iPods, iPads and the fact that they are somewhat popular already?

We already have a fairly established digital copy method. Little late in the game to try some new BS like this
Seeing an Ultra-Violet only dig copy on a BluRay will def make me think twice about how much I'm willing to pay for it.

whats up with this?
looks like the actual downloadable digital copy will only play on PCs while Macs otherwise must have an internet connection to stream it. Are they completely unaware of iPhones, iPods, iPads and the fact that they are somewhat popular already?

We already have a fairly established digital copy method. Little late in the game to try some new BS like this
Seeing an Ultra-Violet only dig copy on a BluRay will def make me think twice about how much I'm willing to pay for it.

You're preaching to the choir my friend. All we talk about in the latest DVD and Blu-ray thread is how much we hate these new DC's. So far Warner Bros, Sony and Universal are embracing them. The only studio that hasn't committed yet from what I've read online is Disney.

You're preaching to the choir my friend. All we talk about in the latest DVD and Blu-ray thread is how much we hate these new DC's. So far Warner Bros, Sony and Universal are embracing them. The only studio that hasn't committed yet from what I've read online is Disney.

ah... I checked in on that thread a little, but not thoroughly.
Good to know its not just me. Im OK with the DC combo pack where you still get both a la Cowboys & Aliens, but the UV only is BS ...
... reminds me of the DIVX discs blunder....

I wont be buying combo packs if they keep this up. A streaming copy is a waste. I use digital copies for my ipad so I have things to watch while traveling, and you dont get internet in intl flights.

I wont be buying combo packs if they keep this up. A streaming copy is a waste. I use digital copies for my ipad so I have things to watch while traveling, and you dont get internet in intl flights.

I haven't monkeyed with my UV copies but I thought you have the option to download the movie to your device from the UV/Flixster app?

Edit:Just found an article from a few days ago about iPad usage. It sounds like a few extra steps but possible to download them and you get a higher quality copy to boot.

https://www.macworld.com/article/164349/2011/12/ultraviolet_ick.html
Fortunately, there is a better alternative—you can download the movie to your drive. Not only does this give you a higher quality version of the movie, but it allows you to view the movie even when you are not connected to the Internet. However, before you can watch a downloaded copy, you’ll have to do some additional work. In particular, you’ll need to install both the Flixster Collections app and Adobe AIR. Flixster Collections offers several features beyond access to UltraViolet movies, but they are not relevant to the topic here. With the software installs done, launch the Collections app and log in to your Flixster account (you can remain logged in for up to two weeks). You can now access, download and watch the movie.

What about playing UltraViolet-supported movies on an iPhone or iPad? Yup, you can do this. For me, this worked without any difficulty. I just launched the Flixster app (I already had it installed, as I use it to check movie showtimes) and once again logged in to my Flixster account. From the app, I could now view my movies either via streaming or downloading.

I'll have to check my downloaded copy of Hangover 2.
I know on the Flixster download page it states the downloadable copy is only playable on a PC and Macs can watch it by streaming...

Based on that article you would still need to be connected to network or something to view on iPad right?

It looks like the movie file will play on a Mac thru the Flixster Collection app.
... now to locate the movie file and see if I can convert it....

Based on that article you would still need to be connected to network or something to view on iPad right?

This is my question as well. I have an ipod and ipad and it sounds like some work is involved.

and companies wonder why people download things illegally. I thought by including normal digital copies with movies it would solve part of that problem.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but has anybody had an ultraviolet copy that worked? The only two I've tried to use haven't worked properly and it's driving me insane.

Can't believe someone thought it'd be a good idea to scrap digital copies for this junk.

No problems here either.

Go to Flixster, select the movie, add the code and they pop up just fine for streaming or downloading. Can even steam most UV movies and shows through Vudu on my PS3.

Follow the instructions, some you have to go to a specific site. You can also download them to iPad using flickster app.

I have about 60 movies in my ultraviolet collection and with the exception of one tv show I haven't had any issues with downloading or streaming the movies.

Works great on my Ipad too.

Well, after a lot of hassle I've managed to download amazing spiderman and seems fine, but trying to download the dark knight rises and after downloading it just says "processing" and does nothing. Anyone had this? Good to know you guys have been using it with no problems. Hopefully I'll get it sorted or someone can help me.

I hate the Ultra-Violet thing so much it isn't even funny. They hardly ever download for me and then can't be used on most of my devices. I will not be buying Blu-rays with the UV copy anymore. I might as well just buy it thru I-Tunes.

Total crap product.

Sherlock Holmes
Dark Knight Rises
Prometheus

Are just 3 that I can think of right off the top of my head that wouldn't work for me.

Glad its not just me having problems with it. Whenever I download the movie, it just says "pending" afterwards. And then it says "network error" or something. I don't understand what's going on with it but its driving me mad. I agree, I want nothing to do with ultraviolet.

I haven't even bothered with any of mine. If I can't add them to my itunes library, it's not worth the hassle to me. Shame that most new releases are forcing this crap down our throats without so much as the option to choose from.
I just bought TDKR and Looper on bluray, but if I want digital copies to take with me, what am I supposed to do? Buy both movies again on itunes? Ridiculous.

Back