George Lucas presents...The Backstroke of the West

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yess:..........good to read these again.

palpatine :"they are just a flock of to fish for fame it's person"

anakin: "you can say that again"

so many to choose which is the funniest........:lol

botw29.jpg

These are so atrocious that they almost seem too "good" to be true. Obviously they translated it into Chinese and then used machine translation to get it back into English, but wow. This would be a good example to show people who think that machine translation will take over in the near future (particularly for Asian languages).

Apparently the "do not want" meme comes directly from this video, which I did not know.

I love the dubbed version.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiB7yG5sLR0&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

Hilarious.

These are so atrocious that they almost seem too "good" to be true. Obviously they translated it into Chinese and then used machine translation to get it back into English, but wow. This would be a good example to show people who think that machine translation will take over in the near future (particularly for Asian languages).
I think automatic translation techniques across languages will be refined to the point where text will maintain the bulk of its meaning with translation. Of course, there will always be culturally specific expressions and terms that may not be easily translatable, but the rough babelfish-type translations we have at the moment should keep adapting and improving as time goes on. When you consider that the words, grammar, context, and cultural meaning all have to be taken into account when something is translated, there is a lot of work to be done before it can be done well.

Back