Straightening Doll Hair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tesio

Super Freak
Reaction score
Alright so this is my first attempt at messing with Doll hair and I wanted some help.

I am converting my V (from V for Vendetta) and picked up an obitsu head (https://www.ebay.com/itm/290582518448) from the recommendation on that thread. When it arrived the hair had been fastened in a way that made the hair kind of bow outward right where I need to cut it shorter.

So my question is how can I straighten this hair without ruining it? I don't know if using a hair straightener will melt it (i am not sure what the hair is made of) or if washing it will ruin anything. Any help on this would be VERY appreciated. Thank you :).

Doll hair is nylon and can be re-shaped with heat. The simplest way to start is to bust out the blow dryer and shape the hair the way you want it with your fingers. Hit the dry hair with the dryer till it warms up. Turn off the dryer and hold the hair in its proper place till it cools.

Back