1/6 Desert Sands Sandtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j14

Super Freak
Reaction score
This guy is now in stock, I cant wait to get him in hand.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=100055&ref=search&sku=100055

d5e99047-169b-8672.jpg

d5e99049-16b0-c46a.jpg

Last edited:
I got to see these in person today really cool. The have added magnets to the backpack so it says on better now. It still has the straps and everything but this fixes the issue of the sagging that most of us had

I had to cancel this guy and the Dewback for the time being. The Sideshow flood came at the end of this year instead of right before SDCC! They really need to space these figures out better like they are pre-ordered. Instead its like they get the factory for a month and make as many 12" figures as they can before their time is up! :lol

I had to let mine go too. Maybe SS thinks people actually have more money saved up for the holidays. They always seem to unload this time of year.

Eager to see Nathan's pics.

Last edited:
I still plan on getting the Dewback, but hope I can save a few bucks if I'm patient. Not to mention with Jack Sparrow, Classic Predator, Captain America and 2 muscular TT coming this month I don't have the extra funds for him :lol

get mine tommorow. looking forward to it like the other ones but not to sure what is different between this one and the others. any ideas.

Looking forward to seeing in hand pics of this too, I'm waiting until they have a international shipping price up before I go ahead with it. Because I just checked the Utapau trooper, and it's listed as $48 instead of the usual under $30, which would be a deal breaker.

Pics still forth coming, but I have to go see the Muppets first. I did unpack the trooper, and I am very pleased.

-Weathering looks really good, very muddy sand looking, and not like Bantha Poodoo.

-Accessories-O-Plenty

-Still has the fat chest plate, but a little blow dryer action will round that back nicely.

-My favorite part is that the backpack now has a magnet in it, so you don't even need the straps except for visual effect.:yess:

-The sand base along with the two that came with the Sith Probes will make nice bases for the other Sandtroopers while this guy rides his Dewback soon.

Overall impression: China did a great job. I really like this piece. Glad I didn't need to cancel it.

just got mine
nice looking and lots of accessories. not worth the extra price thou and i think the weather is abit overdone but at least it is dirty.
wish the top magnet was installed correctly thou. it is not in backwards. first one i ever had that is like that but not to big of a deal.

While this figure isnt really unique, had to support the 4th Sandtrooper idea. Marmit only released 2. Sideshow is the only company to truly release all possible variants of this cool character.

Pics still forth coming, but I have to go see the Muppets first. I did unpack the trooper, and I am very pleased.

-Weathering looks really good, very muddy sand looking, and not like Bantha Poodoo.

-Accessories-O-Plenty

-Still has the fat chest plate, but a little blow dryer action will round that back nicely.

-My favorite part is that the backpack now has a magnet in it, so you don't even need the straps except for visual effect.:yess:

-The sand base along with the two that came with the Sith Probes will make nice bases for the other Sandtroopers while this guy rides his Dewback soon.

Overall impression: China did a great job. I really like this piece. Glad I didn't need to cancel it.

:lol :lol :lol

The magnets in the pack are hidden. They seem to be inserted behind the back plate and inside the pack with the meeting point being where the "Oll" square is on the back. It fits together like a puzzle piece, and the magnets hold them together.

Is this backpack unique, I forget? If its reused, from which one?

I believe the pack is reused parts, but may be a totally new configuration, so it's not just like any of the others. But that's probably accurate to the movie in that way.

That's good to hear about the magnets, my only complaint with my current squad leader is that his backpack sags down too far, no matter how tight I make the straps.

I'd really like to get this guy and the Dewback, but I'm really running out of space quickly. I'm thinking I'll hold off until at least after the 1st of the year and see then. I don't see them selling out that fast.

Back