custom paint feedback?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordRagnar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello everyone, im new to the forum but have been painting for a while. Well my good friend was getting some repaints by greggo and while waiting on shipping and such asked me to take a stab at some. I must thank greggo for having an awsome blog and tutorial, and also bmarz for his input, he pushed these to a new level for me. Please feel free to give me any feedback, whether it be good or bad, i want to get better so please help

and dude is that indy standing in the hallway behing the endor han full figure shot?

Last edited:
the paint-job is amazingly good on those.... but there seems to be something wrong with the Luke.....
he just looks.... odd...

:slap yeah, i agree, i think its the eyes, he kind of looks, well stoned.:peace That and the open mouth combine to make a sorta "relaxed" luke. It looks a lil different in person, i was pleased with the way it came out and so was the client. I would try doing something diff with the eyes though if he wanted. Thanks for the feedback , love the name:clap

Awesome paint job man!!
whats the link of greggos blog? I'd love to read it and learn from him!!

Its greggocustoms.blogspot.com i believe. Abd yes his tutorial is awsome, ive got my own twist on it but the end result seems to be comparible, (lord dont let my ego get away from me) the way i do it the only real artistry or skill comes in at the last glazing stage and eyes and details. All in all each head takes me about an hour or two to do, but thats just bc i am so familiar with the materials and application of paint, 1/6 heads were new to me a couple months ago

Dude! Someone slipped my Luke some reefer!!! Yeah, that sculpt is a little off. I don't know why it was sculpted with the open mouth. He doesn't look ready for battle, he looks ready for a nap. ;)

Great paint all around though, Hoyt!

Wasnt me, i swear:rotfl. Yeah as i was painting it, he started looking mor like he was ready to hit the beach and drink some brewskies. Its in the sculpt, but i think maybe extending the iris all the way down to the lower lid might cure the effect, idk. Oh and bmarz i got your figs ready for approval at work and id love to get a pic of german indy if you got one(yes you sent one a while back but i deleted it like an idiot)

First thing I noticed: looks like the eyes in most of the repaints are looking up - throws them off just a little. For a beginner, pretty good overall though

thanks guys. Yeah im always at constant odd with wether to bridge the iris all the way from top to bottom, which can give a bug eyed look on some figs, or make it just barely stop befor the lower lid? it seems as if it depends on the size of the whole eye. but if anyone knows a general rule of thumb or sumthing please help

Back