Cannibalizing the box

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Customikey

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know this is heresy to a lot of you, but I don't have room for all these Star Wars boxes, though they are indeed wonderous. So I tossed em, but not before taking out the magnets. There are four to each box.

These magnets are mad strong and pretty small. If you're going to toss your boxes, make sure to tear them out first.
They're guaranteed useful.

Thanks for the tip, if I ever bring myself to throw the boxes away I'll save the magnets. Like you said, they're bound to come in handy for something.

I glued one of them to the inside of Washington's tricorn hat and embedded a smaller magnet under his hair. Now it stays on with no trouble!

Do you think it would be possible to attach a magnet to the bottom of a figures shoe and another to the underside of the base to magnetically hold the figure on without using the stand?

Agent0028 said:
Do you think it would be possible to attach a magnet to the bottom of a figures shoe and another to the underside of the base to magnetically hold the figure on without using the stand?

It's on my list of things to try! A lot depends on how sturdy the figure is without support.

Customikey said:
It's on my list of things to try! A lot depends on how sturdy the figure is without support.
That makes sense, I have a talking Thomas Jefferson, he has very weak ankles. If I glued his feet to the shelf he'd still fall flat on his face, or as close as he could anyways. Guess that's what happens when you brew your own beer.

Ah you heathens! I can't believe you throw them away. There is always room. ALWAYS (runs away crying and throws self on bed). :monkey2

Offer them up on the board! I bet there are some willing to pay postage to get the box free. They may have a crease or something... :monkey3

"Feets Magnets" are a feature on Enterbay's Arnie Kim Bruce Lee...if it actually gets released as scheduled next month. I think some of the Volks or Obitsu blank bodies have them as well. With the right shelf-liner, this could spell the end of the shelf-dive as we know it.

Gruff Old Bear said:
"Feets Magnets" are a feature on Enterbay's Arnie Kim Bruce Lee...if it actually gets released as scheduled next month. I think some of the Volks or Obitsu blank bodies have them as well. With the right shelf-liner, this could spell the end of the shelf-dive as we know it.

AND! The custom Anakin Skywalker for Vancei

I have glued a magnet to the bottom of Abe Lincoln's shoe, so far so good, but I've gotten pretty goood at getting figures to stand on their own so I'm not 100% certain the magnet is doing anything. I really don't know how long it will take to know if it is working or not though because last time Honest Abe shelf dove he'd been in the same position and place and not touched for like a month. So I suppose only time will tell...

I am definitely keeping my boxes. How do you guys plan to store them if you have to move? Besides, have you ever seen such attractive packaging?

JustinLuck said:
I am definitely keeping my boxes. How do you guys plan to store them if you have to move? Besides, have you ever seen such attractive packaging?
I'll un pose them, lay them down straight arms at their side and wrap them in bubble wrap or tissue paper and put them in a container. With the number of collectibles I have it'd take multiple trips just to move my collection.

As far as the magnet idea goes, another though occured to me. Take the magnet and glue it to the back of the stand so that the magnet is holding at the figures mid back or so. I haven't completely figures out how to do this yet since that part of the stand only comes to the figure's knee, nor am I certain how to put the magnet on the figure's back since glue is definitely outta the question.

Back