Prop eFX Luke Skywalker ANH X-Wing Pilot Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Waller

Are you on the square?
Reaction score
130.jpg

Couldn't get that new 103" plasma on Black Friday? Well, now you can get what you REALLY want (and without camping out!) We are pleased to announce starting CYBER-MONDAY, November 28, 2011 at 9AM PST, our new Luke Skywalker X-wing Pilot helmet will be available for pre-order! A NON-REFUNDABLE $200 deposit is required to place your pre-order.

Now here is the good news! The helmets are already en route to Los Angeles and we anticipate that we will start shipping the helmets to you starting the week of December 12!

And that is not all! As our "CYBER-MONDAY" special, any one who pre-orders on Monday, November 28, 2011 ONLY, and you live in one of the 48 continental US states, we will ship your helmet by FedEX Ground to you for FREE!

- Worldwide edition limited to 750 pieces
- Full size replica
- Scanned from an original helmet in the Lucasfilm archives
- As seen in the epic Death Star "trench run" in A New Hope
- Quality fiberglass, injection mold plastic and metal construction
- Removable, real leather ear cups
- eFX helmet display base
- Numbered plaque
- Prop Story/COA
- Lay-Away plan available for the balance

Two things to note:

1. It's the same price as the ESB helmet offered at CV, but doesn't have a Mark Hamill signature plaque
2. It's already enroute and will be shipping starting December 12th!

I've been excited about this helmet from day 1. But now I have to pass. This is $100 more expensive than it needs to be. It's a $500 helmet tops. The extra money sounds like a money grab to me. It was made at the same time as the ESB version which had more detail and weathering and it has no Hamill graph. This is just wrong.

I've been excited about this helmet from day 1. But now I have to pass. This is $100 more expensive than it needs to be. It's a $500 helmet tops. The extra money sounds like a money grab to me. It was made at the same time as the ESB version which had more detail and weathering and it has no Hamill graph. This is just wrong.

This is a quote from Bryan via rebelscum:

"The price of the ANH X-wing helmet is the same as the ESB versions. . . $579. The Mark Hamill signature was our gift as our Celebration V exclusive."

In my personal opinion, just based on the paint job alone, $579 for either of these helmets is a steal.
Nowhere in the prop collecting hobby (licensed or not) can you get a fully finished, 1:1 completely painted Luke x-wing helmet with all the trimmings at that level of accuracy for that price.

I will pull the trigger if this comes with the autograph. Too bad.

Agreed. I already have his sig for the efx x-wing but it would help sweeten the deal enough for me to ignore pragmatics and go with impulse buy:lecture

It's nice but EFX already have $300 of mine and no news on the product

:exactly:

Couldn't care less anymore. My interest in the hobby is starting to wane because of people like efx and gentle giant.

I'm sure there's plenty of people happy to wait but I'd rather be putting my money to better use and - as I've said before - not worry if these guys are going to go under and take my cash.

If something surfaces in the future I like, then I'll grab it AFTER it's released but I'm sick and tired of on hanging on a thread with no updates/word/progress from these companies.

Merry Christmas Efx...

Last edited:
I'm more ticked off by the 24 hour notice. I's december and all my extra fundage is set aside for x-mas presents so I don't have the $200 to spare for the deposit.

Got mine...site says it is about half sold out. Had to call customer service because site was charging tax and shipping as well as the $200 deposit. If anyone has this problem, edit your order back to zero quantity and update. Then go back and re-order and the shipping and tax should be taken off. Guess it is a glitch....good luck.

By the way, the dude that helped me said the site wasn't getting hit as hard as when Vader sold...but it is still supposedly half gone.

I'll just buy one from Shepperton. Original molds.

You do realize that none of the items from SDS utilize original molds? Not one.

Also, SDS does not offer a fully completed/painted Luke version.

I like this one and if I can somehow arrange my funding by selling a couple of pieces I will get it. Fingers crossed.

You do realize that none of the items from SDS utilize original molds? Not one.

Also, SDS does not offer a fully completed/painted Luke version.

They do offer a painted X-wing helmet.

They say they use original molds, but in all likelihood they are one-offs re-castings. Ainsworth made the originals and eFX is producing a replica.

Back