Posters...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnumOpus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
These are some of my posters which I made. Let me know what you think:)

hKTFY.jpg

rzlzG.jpg

HVHSx.jpg

kTrTY.jpg

VaNaJ.jpg

MAFVH.jpg

M7E3B.jpg

JfOQt.jpg

Your Robocop looks just like the Robocop poster made by the artist, Olly Moss, for the Alamo Drafthouse Rolling Roadshow.

robocop_movie_poster_rolling_roadshow_2010_olly_moss_450x600.jpg

Hi Guys,
These are some of my posters which I made. Let me know what you think:)

Magnum, first off,( before you were busted) you said these posters were your own work, taking credit for other people's hard work is disingenuous to say the least.

The reason it should stay orange is because that's the way Moss designed it, its his choice. When you create your own original poster, then you have the right to 're-touch' it all you want, otherwise all your doing is plagiarizing and doing some minor tweaking. Hack-work.

Do I look like that stupid? I mean I know this forum is full of geeks so Moss's original poster must have known! There's no need to be rude! I am a graphic designer and I know my limits about my business! I never said that this illustration belongs to me so no one is busted me! This poster is a redo of Moss's original illustration...And let me say in graphic design, you don't have the nerve to say "I like ORANGE cause it's my CHOICE!!!"

Your first post says plainly, 'Hi Guys,These are some of my posters which I made. Let me know what you think'. Where in that sentence does it say 'I appropriated the Robo from Olly Moss'?.

Look if this really is your career, you should know better.

I know enough buddy! I am not selling these posters or I am not trying to suck some members money with customizing copyright figures! I made these posters for myself and I am pretty comfortable about that! If you are not, show this sensitivity to other money grubbers!

It's not about money, it's about trading on Moss's intellectual property for your own vainglorious purposes. It's about using work that is not wholly your own.This is a very straight forward issue.

He's not re-selling or anything, so to me, it's akin to someone customizing an existing figure. No big whoop. He's from Turkey apparently, so we should probably consider that before going too far in trying to interpret meaning based on the specific words he chose.

Vainglorious purposes!!! Look my friend, if my answer would be "yes" to the question of all these images or illustrations which I used are mine then you will be absolutely right! I did them for myself, for my own pleasure! They will appear behind my figures! Get it?

Last edited:
He's not re-selling or anything, so to me, it's akin to someone customizing an existing figure. No big whoop. He's from Turkey apparently, so we should probably consider that before going too far in trying to interpret meaning based on the specific words he chose.

Difference being, you've paid for that figure, and therefore have the right to customize it. If the kid bought the Moss print, he'd have every right to screw with it, doesn't look like he did though, he removed the Moss type, and inserted his own.

Dang feroze who pissed in your Cheerios? I can find 100 threads where people have "customized" somebody elses work... if he's not selling it then who cares.

Man, you are totally WRONG! Do you think that when you buy the original piece, you have the right to screw it:)))?You know nothing about the copyrights!! I repeat I DID them for MYSELF so I have the right to SCREW ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! (Besides I don't think I SCREWED anything, this is just your opinion!)

Your Robocop looks just like the Robocop poster made by the artist, Olly Moss, for the Alamo Drafthouse Rolling Roadshow.

robocop_movie_poster_rolling_roadshow_2010_olly_moss_450x600.jpg

C'mon, call a spade a spade. You call yourself a pro.
This aint your work.

Dang feroze who pissed in your Cheerios? I can find 100 threads where people have "customized" somebody elses work... if he's not selling it then who cares.

It's about respecting the hard work of artists and designers, and least of all giving them a credit, rather than using other peoples stuff without the credit.
All the kid had to do was add a simple caveat-"After Olly Moss"

Back