12" obi-wan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Caedus

Formerly Congerking
Reaction score
I bought a 12" obi-wan from ebay when it was going to come out before it got pushed back for like $55. I had to pay 1/2 when I won the bid and half + shipping when the figure arrived. The person I bought it from said that if a month had passed and the figure hadn't come out, that I could get my money back. That was about a month and a half ago; should I just get my money back or should I wait for the figure to come out. Does anybody know the estimated E.T.A. of him??? Thanks in advance. :chew :chew :chew

Sounds like he will be out after Kit... so probably sometime mid Aug. I would wait.

how's his feedback? If he looks trustworthy, I'd wait it out. Believe me, you would not get a better deal than that later on.

student_toe5 said:
how's his feedback? If he looks trustworthy, I'd wait it out. Believe me, you would not get a better deal than that later on.

I agree. If his feedback is trustworthy and the two of you can keep a solid, steady flow of communication about the item, wait it out. Obi-Wan will be arriving in August (delayed from June because of robe color issues).

congerking said:
I bought a 12" obi-wan from ebay when it was going to come out before it got pushed back for like $55. I had to pay 1/2 when I won the bid and half + shipping when the figure arrived. The person I bought it from said that if a month had passed and the figure hadn't come out, that I could get my money back. That was about a month and a half ago; should I just get my money back or should I wait for the figure to come out. Does anybody know the estimated E.T.A. of him??? Thanks in advance. :chew :chew :chew

I had to resort to the same thing with my Luke and Anakin. Check his feedback and just wait it out. You won't find a better price than that and I can't remember seeing him available anywhere else. If it's the regular, be patient. They ship after the exclusives and retailers seem to get them after people who ordered directly from SS.

I'll tell you. I learned my lesson to wait for prices to go down on the net before I buy from eBay. I bought a pre-order reg. Obi-wan for $81 last February and now look! You can buy him for a measley $43! Live and learn. :monkey2

pixletwin said:
I'll tell you. I learned my lesson to wait for prices to go down on the net before I buy from eBay. I bought a pre-order reg. Obi-wan for $81 last February and now look! You can buy him for a measley $43! Live and learn. :monkey2

what?? thats nuts.. i'd never pay that much (yeah, who am i kidding) until after they were released. where did you buy him from?? no names, just reference

I got it from eBay (famook2u, who by the way is a great seller and I am in no way commenting on them. They have been great working with me). It was the day I discovered Sideshow (which was too late to preorder Obi-wan) and I signed up for the wait list but I was of little faith back then and jumped on eBay and bought the first Obi-wan I could find.

Ultimately it was kind of good that I did buy it then because money is tighter now than it was back in February and I doubt I could've afforded Kit, Vader, Han and Obi all in the same 2 months. So it has provided a little breather space. :D

Hi Guys,

Im very new to this forum but ive been collectiong for around 1 1/2 years

Im UK based and love star wars

Just in reply ive ordered

12" Sideshow Obi-wan and 12" Sideshow Anakin for £57GBP posted

Good deal

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I was gonna grab Obi, but I knew if I didn't it would haunt me forever, at least the price would. So I was googling this morning, and found it. Now to get Han and that's the last one I missed that I want.

I thought that one of the rules of Ebay was that a seller was not allowed to take money for an item that was more than 30 days from being in their posession?

How can people take money for something that they don't have, and will not have for a long time? I never got that.

I think eBay advises against sales like that but they don't discourage it. Besides the buyer has the right to request a full refund if an item itsn't received within (I think) 45 days. So if it is a reputable dealer that has a pre-order sale, why not?

I am not a seller, by the way. But pre-order sales on eBay is how I am getting Obiwan and Kit Fisto (since I entered in alittle late in the game).:D

onix36div said:
Hi Guys,

Im very new to this forum but ive been collectiong for around 1 1/2 years

Im UK based and love star wars

Just in reply ive ordered

12" Sideshow Obi-wan and 12" Sideshow Anakin for £57GBP posted

Good deal

Forbidden planet by any chance? I see that they have some good deals on these figures there. The Luke Skywalker is selling for £27.99 .

Back