PDA

View Full Version : NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomandshell
07-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Have you ever fainted, wet yourself, had a heart attack, and vomited all at once?

We just wanted to confirm with you that your order from
SideshowCollectibles.com
has been altered. You can view your order online at the following URL
for more information:

Current Status:

Canceled - 90022 Marvel Versus Series Dioramas Gray Hulk VS Spider-Man
Diorama Sideshow Exclusive
- 1 x $ 324.99

http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/9923/grayhulkcancel8nu.jpg

And no, this is not a joke.

SO who hacked into my account?!?

Batty
07-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Holy *&^%! I take it you've called them, right? If not, what are you waiting for?

Darklord Dave
07-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Nothing about a charge misplaced or anything? I assume you called right away, what did they say?

Jesseawilson
07-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Ok that's not funny to say that isn't a joke...............

I keep checking my email now!

Jesse

pixletwin
07-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Call CS now! Let us know what happens! That is truly THE SUCK

occulum
07-06-2006, 12:26 PM
wow :monkey1

I sure hope this get fixed for you.

I know that email goes out almost immediately after a cancellation, so act quick!

oxbeard
07-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Please tell me this is a horrible joke Tom.

DetroitSportsFan
07-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Maybe SS "oversold" them and had to cancel some.

Gruson
07-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Ouch!

I think I better check mine now!

Lynxje
07-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Wouldn't it be a great joke if Sideshow cancelled this item altogether (or even funnier, never intended to actually release this piece)? Just to see the kind of buzz a LE 50 piece would create?

lcummins
07-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Tom, I hope you can get this straightened out! Good luck; I'm praying for you!

Darth Madden
07-06-2006, 01:04 PM
YEAH, my wait list just got converted.. thanks Tom. Just kidding... That really sucks man I hope it all gets straightened out.

Asura
07-06-2006, 01:08 PM
watch your Grey Hulk end up as a giveaway at SDCC, heh. J/K...I think?

Darth Loki
07-06-2006, 01:09 PM
OMG man I'm so sorry. Hopefully it's just some mix up that can be easily corrected. If you haven't call them immediately!

Good Luck!

tomandshell
07-06-2006, 01:17 PM
OK...

I'm still confused as to what exactly happened, but I think it might be fixed. They said that the cancellation was due to an "error." The weird thing is that they said that someone from customer service had already spoken to me about it. That didn't happen--I didn't talk to anybody, and I checked with my wife and she didn't have any phone calls. So who exactly they spoke to is a mystery, but they gave me a new order number. That new number will not show up online, and if I go in my account it will just say "cancelled." So I have no online printable proof that one of these is reserved for me. I am getting the proverbial "bad feeling about this." I guess I just won't relax until the thing gets delivered. The bad thing is that I ordered within seconds of it going up, and was right at the front of the line (assuming they ship first come, first served). Now thanks to this mistake, I will be bumped to the back of the line because of my new higher order number. (Of course, those of you who missed out aren't going to have much sympathy for me...) I think I will have a stomach ache until I actually have the thing in front of me. And if, for some reason, I don't end up getting one...

:emperor

SolidLiquidFox
07-06-2006, 01:17 PM
I just read all that...wow Tom

Batty
07-06-2006, 01:22 PM
The part about them already speaking to you is odd. I wonder if this happened to anyone else.

Darth Loki
07-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Tom, I imagine all 50 would be shipped at once. I don't think these things are coming in waves of 10. I hope you get it all cleared up and I'd get at least an email from someone at SSC with the new order # and everything else to cover yourself.

tomandshell
07-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Tom, I imagine all 50 would be shipped at once. I don't think these things are coming in waves of 10.

You wouldn't think so, but I have such extraordinary luck...

pixletwin
07-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Hey Tom, did you ask them how it was cancelled in the first place? If they have record that they talked to somebody on the phone they should also have a record of who and what the conversation was about...

I dunno. It all sounds very shady to me. :confused:

oxbeard
07-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Does sound very strange!! Hope it is indead worked out for you.

tomandshell
07-06-2006, 01:34 PM
I am going to wait patiently. I have a new order number given verbally, so I am going to trust that they are taking care of me. If I do lose out for some reason, I am sure that they will substitute an item of equal value, like the Gothmog on Warg statue.

:D

LOTRFan
Sad thing too is that Tom has already sold his on eBay ....

Wow, seriously that is wierd!? I would call again, you know, "just in case." :confused: :o

SolidLiquidFox
I would be more concerned about who hacked into your account at this point. I believe they verify name and order number but that's it. Perhaps a passcode or something else needs to be implemented when calling in.

This is the most rare item from SS in quite a while. Why would anyone call in and cancel it? I understand they debating that you did it online but why say that somebody called? Not to alarm you but I would be concerned.

pixletwin
07-06-2006, 01:39 PM
What I really don't understand is why they can't send you another confirmation email? Seems like a small thing to expect.

Maybe Dusty or Chicky can weigh in on this and let us know? This is all very disturbing.

PS Tom, did you ever post your order number for any reason (like posting a shipping notice or something in a thread?)

Mookeylama
07-06-2006, 01:42 PM
wow. that is REALLY messed up. hope it all gets ironed out okay.

tomandshell
07-06-2006, 01:44 PM
I would be more concerned about who hacked into your account at this point. I believe they verify name and order number but that's it. Perhaps a passcode or something else needs to be implemented when calling in.

This is the most rare item from SS in quite a while. Why would anyone call in and cancel it? I understand they debating that you did it online but why say that somebody called? Not to alarm you but I would be concerned.

They said that it was just an "error" and I don't know that someone hacked into my account. It might have just been a goof when they were prepping it for shipment/processing.

And no, I haven't posted my order number anywhere for a hacker to read. As to who they had spoken to about it today, I may never know. I wonder if the "me" they spoke with updated the shipping address?

:sick

Batty
07-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Tom, do you have an evil twin?

Jesseawilson
07-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Their internal order system is completely different then their website ordering/account system. It is this way with many retailers. I have had several orders that "are nto avaialable to see online" and all of them have been delivered just fine.

I wouldn't worry it's not like this shipps in a few months and the SS staff will forget your promise. It ships in just a few days and even if there still is a problem SS will take care of it for you.

Jesse

pixletwin
07-06-2006, 01:50 PM
I wonder if the "me" they spoke with updated the shipping address?

:sick
OOO call them back and make sure it will be shipped to you. (I know its a pain in the butt, but I would do it just for the peace of mind alone)

tomandshell
07-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Their internal order system is completely different then their website ordering/account system. It is this way with many retailers. I have had several orders that "are nto avaialable to see online" and all of them have been delivered just fine.

I wouldn't worry it's not like this shipps in a few months and the SS staff will forget your promise. It ships in just a few days and even if there still is a problem SS will take care of it for you.

Jesse

That's why my heart is starting to beat normally. I know that if Sideshow can do anything, it's take care of their customers. FedEx may have let me down more than once, but Sideshow takes care of their customers.

Xeno
07-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Wouldn't it be a great joke if Sideshow cancelled this item altogether (or even funnier, never intended to actually release this piece)? Just to see the kind of buzz a LE 50 piece would create?

Well, I guess "funny" is in the eye of the beholder here.. ;)

SolidLiquidFox
07-06-2006, 02:04 PM
never a dull moment on these boards that's for sure...

I think this thread officially inagurates the Gray Hulk release drama. Buckle up, it will get bumpy as these start shipping.

tomandshell
07-06-2006, 02:07 PM
I need my order shipped without any drama whatsoever. My heart can't take it...

Gran3131
07-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Tom good luck man, I hope this works out for you.

Vader AL
07-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Tom don't worry at all, you know SS will take care of it.

tomandshell
07-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Tom don't worry at all, you know SS will take care of it.

I have relaxed a bit since earlier today. I think that if it had been any other item, I wouldn't have been so nervous. But with only 50 to go around, there is very little room for accidents. At least it made for an interesting afternoon! I know that my stress will be long forgotten when I see my first glimpse of the Boba Fett PF in tonight's newsletter!

Fett!!! Fett!!! Fett!!!

dr2red
07-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Tom I just got home and read your thread.
My goodness what a stressful thing to happen.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that all will
work out for you and you will have your
Grey Hulk soon.

SolidLiquidFox
07-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Your optimism knows no bounds Tom :rolleyes:

I hope we get the Cap diorama for sure though.

gdb
07-06-2006, 04:18 PM
WOW!! What a thing to have happen. As I just lost a highly anticpated pre-order myself due to a dealer related SNAFU, I can totally feel your pain. I'm glad yours turned out better than mine! Otherwise... wow that would have totally sucked.

tomandshell
07-06-2006, 04:29 PM
WOW!! What a thing to have happen. As I just lost a highly anticpated pre-order myself due to a dealer related SNAFU, I can totally feel your pain. I'm glad yours turned out better than mine! Otherwise... wow that would have totally sucked.

What did you lose? You don't have to mention the dealer, but I was wondering what item you missed out on...

Agent0028
07-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Aww, darn, you caught my trick Tom. Didn't think you'd catch it until afterwards. Shucks. Lemme see who is next on the list....

j/k of course. Glad its all worked out Tom, now if FedEx can get it to you quickly hopefully you won't develop an ulcer to go along with the one you got during the Luke and Grievous debacle. :D

carbo-fation
07-06-2006, 05:44 PM
WOw! Just read through the entire thread! What a terrible thing to have happened to you Tom. I would definetely call SS Customer Service back to just to double check everything is in order. Heck, I'd call them every day until the Hulk arrives at your door steps. :D

tomandshell
07-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Heck, I'd call them every day until the Hulk arrives at your door steps. :D

I don't want to be a pest! At this point, they told me that my order is still there, and so I trust them.

:o

Darth Loki
07-06-2006, 06:04 PM
I don't want to be a pest! At this point, they told me that my order is still there, and so I trust them.

:o

I understand that philosophy but this isn't a 12" figure with an ES of 2000 we're talking about. I'd check just to make sure everything is legit and try to get an email with the order number just to be safe. They should understand after the craze that this thing caused that you just want to be sure.

Darth Rage
07-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Yikes! Who'd you piss off at sideshow? :rolleyes:

Agent23
07-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Pretty scary Tom. :eek

I think you will be Ok thou. Like you said, SS is tops when it comes to customer service.

Still, I'd be *****ting my pants till I got the shipping e-mail with a tracking #.

Hope it turns out Ok my friend. :)

tomandshell
07-06-2006, 06:25 PM
I am staying close to the toilet, just in case...

gdb
07-06-2006, 07:28 PM
What did you lose? You don't have to mention the dealer, but I was wondering what item you missed out on...

PM sent.

I'm still breathing a sigh of relief for you. A one of fifty in a world collectible... That's like almost losing a winning lottery ticket. Or rather, it's like having a winning lottery ticket almost taken away from you.

Deak Starkiller
07-06-2006, 09:45 PM
So much drama in the LBC, I hope this pans out Tom. :google

Domer
07-06-2006, 10:40 PM
So much drama in the LBC, I hope this pans out Tom. :google

Scary, but life does not depent on some piece of plastic, for me.....

tomandshell
07-06-2006, 10:53 PM
I agree.

Plastic, no big deal.

But polystone...

:google :google :google

BDboystoys
07-07-2006, 07:15 AM
wow.
I hope everything is smooth hear on out. Sideshow are the best at customer serrvices so you should be alright. Just breah down their neck about it to be sure.:monkey1 :D