PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars PF Vs. Diorama??

hairlesswookiee
07-05-2006, 09:19 AM
what do you guys think?? we've seen the magic they can work with the Marvel dioramas... would you be interested in Star Wars as well??

KitFisto
07-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Yes to Sidious vs Yoda

DarthRamuk
07-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Give me EP3 Obi vs Anakin anytime!:monkey5 I would also love a Sidious vs Mace Windu diorama.....:chew

hairlesswookiee
07-05-2006, 09:31 AM
i know right off the bat they would sell like hot cakes:
Luke vs. Vader
yoda vs. Palpatine
Obi vs. Anakin
Mace vs. Palpatine
Obi vs. Grievous (lol, how much can i sell my soul for??)

DarthRamuk
07-05-2006, 09:36 AM
i know right off the bat they would sell like hot cakes:
Luke vs. Vader
yoda vs. Palpatine
Obi vs. Anakin
Mace vs. Palpatine
Obi vs. Grievous (lol, how much can i sell my soul for??)

Are you going to start a SW diorama crusade? :D Anyhow, all of your suggestions are great!:monkey5

Darklord Dave
07-05-2006, 10:03 AM
If you mean 2 PFs that have complementary poses like Obi-wan and Vader - sure, I'm all for it. If you mean 2 PFs with a base, I'm not so sure - it would be too huge for any normal display space.

pixletwin
07-05-2006, 10:30 AM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

King Darkness
07-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Dave pretty much said what I was thinking....I mean I'am sure they would look cool and all but were the hell could you display something that large, and the cost would be huge....I like the PF line the way it is....

TOE
07-05-2006, 10:39 AM
It would be HUGE and expensive but I'm up for it. Imagine, MAUL vs Qui-Gon PF :monkey5 , or General Grievous vs. Obi-Wan :monkey5

Darth Loki
07-05-2006, 10:58 AM
If you mean 2 PFs that have complementary poses like Obi-wan and Vader - sure, I'm all for it. If you mean 2 PFs with a base, I'm not so sure - it would be too huge for any normal display space.

I think the scale would have to be different. It wouldn't be 1/4 scale. That'd be friggin enormous!!! It'd be closer to 1/6 scale like the Marvel VS line. I would most definately be interested, especially if the exlusives had light up bases and sabers. So, hellz yeah. Bring it on!

hairlesswookiee
07-05-2006, 11:01 AM
It would be HUGE and expensive but I'm up for it. Imagine, MAUL vs Qui-Gon PF :monkey5 , or General Grievous vs. Obi-Wan :monkey5

or imagine a Maul vs. Qui Gon & Obi Wan.

~~yeah i really didnt think about the actual sizes until afterwards. but consider the possibilities. im not sure what the sizes are with the Marvel dioramas, but say sideshow cooked up something like that. i know that would be extra stuff to buy--- but if they did only the EPIC battles i dont think too many people would complain.

Gran3131
07-05-2006, 11:11 AM
I would love to see star wars dioramas. Maybe not PF size though. One idea that has not been mentioned is a Yoda and red royal guard diorama. Yoda walking into Palps office with two red guards plastered to the wall.

Agent0028
07-05-2006, 11:16 AM
I'm in agreement with Loki, not in 1/4 scale, way too big. Also I would keep it like the Marvel vs. dioramas and not make them mixed media, but straight poly.

Darth Loki
07-05-2006, 11:44 AM
If this line existed, it would be huge (popular, not size). There could be some really great moments captured and the use of electronics would only make it even sweeter. Let the SW VS. Diorama cruisades begin!

lcummins
07-05-2006, 11:52 AM
I voted no, because I read the question first and voted. So, no if PF size, but probably if Marvel VS size! :google

Bannister
07-05-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm with lcummins. Only if it was in the same scale as the Marvel vs. Line. I haven't heard it mentioned but I would like to see an Obi-Wan vs. Jango Fett on Kamino. Also, while it wouldn't be a vs. diorama, I would like a Vader screaming noooooooooo with palpatine looking on.:D

Gruson
07-05-2006, 12:13 PM
No interest.

Static 1/4 poses just look better IMO.

The Marvel vs. line works because they are comic book characters.

Star Wars would come off cheesy to me, like those Unleashed figures.

Agent0028
07-05-2006, 12:28 PM
No interest.

I think if they weren't done right they might look cheesy, but I think that sideshow could do them and still look good.

Darth Loki
07-05-2006, 12:45 PM
I think if they weren't done right they might look cheesy, but I think that sideshow could do them and still look good.

I agree 100%. SS knows Polystone and they know what works with some experience in the VS line already. There are many great moments that could be captured but where to start? Luke VS Vader on Bespin would be nice. Light up base and sabers for the exclusive :drool :drool :drool

But who are we kidding, the line hasn't even been announced and we don't know that it ever will. But hopefully Dusty is sending this thread to the bigs at SSC :D

TOE
07-05-2006, 12:55 PM
http://posters.ec/FP0573.jpg

Who wants one? I sure do.:D

Bannister
07-05-2006, 01:00 PM
just thought of another one that I think would be nice. An anakin vs. sebulba podrace diorama.

TOE
07-05-2006, 01:02 PM
vehicle dioramas.....sweet ....:drool

Darth Loki
07-05-2006, 01:19 PM
If you're going to twist my arm, I guess I do too :lol

gambit
07-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Diaromas are much more better than stand alone statues and I believe in future, diaromas will be much more popular. I love the Marvel line and would jump on SW line, regardless of what characters chosen, or what scale it will be...etc

hairlesswookiee
07-05-2006, 01:56 PM
i think to keep it affordable they would have to keepthe scale close to the Marvel sizes. like i said with one diorama they could take care of two characters that might otherwise be skipped. Obi Wan seems to be the VS. ho-dog. he gets in fight with everyone it seems. uh oh i have a couple more for the list!!!!

Anakin/Vader and two 501st troops heading up the temple stairs
Palpatine in his throne with Luke and Vader clashing lightsabers!!!!
Jabba and Salacious Crumb

TOE
07-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Diaromas are much more better than stand alone statues and I believe in future,

couldn't agree with you more. I rather pay for two or more characters in scale with the Marvel line than pay for one character in PF version. THis is the reason why I passed on all the PF due to the size and cost. If SS do go on with this line, I'm all over it.

hairlesswookiee
07-05-2006, 03:05 PM
hey im not try to shoot the PF line down, but this is something i think SS would pull off really well and people that cant buy the PF can buy these instead. everyone wins!!!!:chew :chew :chew

The Josh
07-05-2006, 03:07 PM
I would buy some of the VS series but would prefer them to be statue like in how the Marvel series is done.

88th division
07-05-2006, 03:09 PM
I would rather Sideshow put more effort into the 1/6th and PF line. IMO if they added another line of figures to the series it would only slow down the releases further. I am happy with what Sideshow is doing and do not wish to
to spread the line to thin.

LOTRFan
07-05-2006, 03:24 PM
No interest.

I agree, the Vader/Obi Wan is just perfect, I wouldn't want a scene depiction with background etc.

tomandshell
07-05-2006, 03:27 PM
I would buy a 1/4 scale Slave Leia VS. Jabba. I could display it in my garage.

Agent0028
07-05-2006, 03:30 PM
I would buy a 1/4 scale Slave Leia VS. Jabba. I could display it in my garage.
Make it a 1:1 and the neighborhood kids can climb on it like a rock formation. It'd also serve the added benefit of fathers volunteering to watch the kids for awhile to give the mommies some alone time.

SolidLiquidFox
07-05-2006, 04:47 PM
how come the dioramas need to be 1/4 PF scale? what's wrong with the Marvel Vs scale?

Darth Loki
07-05-2006, 05:11 PM
how come the dioramas need to be 1/4 PF scale? what's wrong with the Marvel Vs scale?

?????????????????????

That's what the past 20 posts have been talking about. A 1/4 diorama would be massive.

TOE
07-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Solid...mostly everyone commented that the PF would be huge and expensive so the size like the Marvel line would be better.

I really do not want to get my hopes up on this but who knows... I know that this would be another line in the Star Wars genre but for those of us that don't have room for the PF and cash, this is the way to go. :D

Mini-Rock
07-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Agreed 100%. PF's all the way. :chew

No interest.

DarkArtist81
07-05-2006, 07:06 PM
As long as it looks cool, I'm all over it. The Marvel line is awesome and I'd love to see Star Wars given the same treatment. I love the PF's but most are out of my price range, so this would be cool....

I'd love to see Anakin vs Obi-wan or Luke vs Vader.... There are a lot of possibilities in the long run. :cool:

Batty
07-05-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm more than happy with the PFs. If we were to see something along the Vs. line or other type of dioramas, I would expect to see it from GG. I think the Rancor is a step in that direction.

carbo-fation
07-05-2006, 08:14 PM
PF dioramas would be nice but just too darn big! 1/6 scale is the way to go! Probably also more affordable.:rolleyes:

Darklord Dave
07-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Since I greatly prefer the mixed media format I'd be less inclined to buy a SW Vs. line in 1/6 or 1/8 scale. I agree that they'd be too much like the Unleashed toys.

Mini-Rock
07-05-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm more than happy with the PFs. If we were to see something along the Vs. line or other type of dioramas, I would expect to see it from GG. I think the Rancor is a step in that direction.

I agree; and, if SS were to make anything smaller than 1/4 scale for such a line, it'd just be too close to what GG does. SS would have to keep it 1/4 scale and mixed media. That'd be the way to go regardless of cost.

hairlesswookiee
07-06-2006, 08:32 AM
yeah sorry about this guys i didnt realize the size of the PF until after i posted the poll and i dont know how to edit it. i meant for them to be the same size as the Marvel dioramas.

Darth Loki
07-06-2006, 08:39 AM
That's OK dude. I think the overwhelming majority knew what you meant or interpreted it. I also think the majority would be in favor of this line. Just look at the success of the Marvel line and multiply it by the number of SW fans and it's a no brainer. Now if we could only get SSC to listen.......

hairlesswookiee
07-06-2006, 08:43 AM
That's OK dude. I think the overwhelming majority knew what you meant or interpreted it. I also think the majority would be in favor of this line. Just look at the success of the Marvel line and multiply it by the number of SW fans and it's a no brainer. Now if we could only get SSC to listen.......

thanks, i just hope SS would wait a while before trying this line out. im afraid it would hurt the sales of the regular PF line... which i dont want. i just want another option for those that either dont plan on or cant afford to get every PF character. and thats why i think this line would be perfect-- you get two figures together in an awesome, iconic fighting scene. the size would be perfect for people that dont have much shelf space.

TOE
07-07-2006, 02:52 AM
who wants one? I sure freakin' do.

http://thecia.com.au/reviews/s/images/star-wars-1-800b.jpg

TOE
07-07-2006, 02:54 AM
http://thecia.com.au/reviews/s/images/star-wars-1-21.jpg

:cool: now, who doesn't want one?? :lol

King Darkness
07-07-2006, 02:55 AM
http://thecia.com.au/reviews/s/images/star-wars-1-21.jpg

:cool: now, who doesn't want one?? :lol

Now thats what I'am talking about!!

TOE
07-07-2006, 03:00 AM
Now thats what I'am talking about!!

YUP. Baby Greedo vs. Baby Anakin. = Priceless. :D

Darth Loki
07-07-2006, 04:44 AM
Too bad Anakin didn't know force choke then.

wizard-comics
07-09-2006, 09:20 AM
think a cheaper way would be the way to go...instead of doing a polystone statue of scenes, like the AWESOME Marvel VS line..

do one of the backgrounds...in mixed format, what ever would make it work

in a sense a "stage" of certian scenes from the films...we've got the characters, just need a backdrop or scene to put them in..the beauty behind it would be that you could set them up any way you wanted...and unlike the polystone versions you chould change them up all the time.......different sizes and versions (ships, landscapes, rooms etc......) limited amounts made or not

I can see it now ..contests on who can make it look just like the scenes in the movie....

whatcha think? I would jump on them

oh and sideshow if you jump on my idea can I get comped one of each? :D

onix36div
07-10-2006, 02:24 PM
i know this one isn't a VS as such but what about the 3 stages of anakin

Anakin the boy -> Anakin the jedi -> Darth Vader

3 heights stepping up

Where did all go wrong?lol

hairlesswookiee
07-10-2006, 02:40 PM
i know this one isn't a VS as such but what about the 3 stages of anakin

Anakin the boy -> Anakin the jedi -> Darth Vader

3 heights stepping up

Where did all go wrong?lol

but he's always crying like a little girl

onix36div
07-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Thats the whole point.

You get to see the whole tradgic metamorphasis happen.

It also beckons the question of how did that little innocent boy become such a Dark Lord of the sith?

Also had another good idea for a VS Diorama

Luke/Vader in empire strikes back when luke finds out vader is his father

http://www.firsttvdrama.com/funstuff/images/vader1.jpg

This idea but with luke at the other side, no hand, clinging with the other totally destroyed by the news.

Classic