New Peter Cushing Van Helsing 12 " Custom Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baron Victor

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Distinctive Dummies are please to announce the release of Peter Cusing as Van Helsing 12" Custom Figure.

Hope you like it

The Hammer Film Collection #7
Peter Cushing Van Helsing 1:6 Scale Custom Figure
Van Helsing, a man of science, a man of action and iron will, dedicated to purging the cult of vampirism and destroying its leader, Count Dracula. Using both arcane folklore and science he scours the 19th century Transylvanian countryside doing whatever it takes, and using whatever means necassary, to destroy the undead in his path and prevent the evil scourge of vampirism from spreading across the world.
Item Specifics
Approx 12 inches tall
Custom Hand Made Clothing
Likeness sculpted by Rudy Garcia
Custom Design Pro Print Box
Hand painted
Victorian Style Bag
Hammer
Wooden Stakes
Metal Crucifix

Uploaded at Picoodle.com

Uploaded at Picoodle.com

Uploaded at Picoodle.com

Uploaded at Picoodle.com

Uploaded at Picoodle.com

You really knocked this one outta the park! The likeness, and outfit show you've come along way from your early days. This is by far your best figure yet, and I can't wait to see him in person!

You really knocked this one outta the park! The likeness, and outfit show you've come along way from your early days. This is by far your best figure yet, and I can't wait to see him in person!

Thanks Dr. M. This is my 9th figure in a little over a year ad as I said I am trying to improve all the time. I have been taking in all criticism and using it to get better. Wait till you see whats lined up for 2012 :peace

Looks great. Just curious as i know some of you are hammer fans. What is the name of the film that starts with a flashback to were Christopher Lee chokes Cushing. He pretends to die.wakes up, then jumps on the table, runs, and jumps on curtains, knoking them off the wall, and Lee gets hit by sunlight killing him.

......this is probably my favorite of the independently produced custom figures you have done thus far. At least until next year when u-know-who gets made. Insert cryptic knowing music here,lol.:monkey3

......this is probably my favorite of the independently produced custom figures you have done thus far. At least until next year when u-know-who gets made. Insert cryptic knowing music here,lol.:monkey3

Thanks Anton. And I promise you, you know who, will be right on the button :peace

If Van Helsing is an indication of the quality, I really can't wait to see what DD has lined up next!

Good figure, and your Sherlock Holmes was a fine figure with a good sculpt (even better likeness of Cushing), Victor. You should probably make André Morell from 'The Plague of The Zombies' someday, as he'd double for Dr. Watson too. ;)

Last edited:
I wish some of the outfits were available separate form the figures. Any chance of that ever happening? Would really like the Sherlock Holmes outfit.

Sean

Just got Van Helsing. I admit the Holmes sculpt has spoiled me as far as a Cushing likeness goes, but the tailoring and accessories are very impressive. The outfit alone gets a 10/10. I see more Michael Fassbender in the sculpt than Cushing, but it's still a decent representation of the character. Makes a great companion piece to the Lee Dracula figure.

LeeDrac.jpg
CushingVan.jpg

Dracend.jpg

They look great together! The Lee Dracula is one of my prized 1/6 figures, so I may need to get Van Helsing to go with him.

Definitely. You also need to keep in mind, they both look way better in person.

For the longest time, I had trouble displaying my Lee Dracula. He didn't really belong with my Universal Monsters, and he didn't quite fit in with my modern horror figs. I'm really grateful DD is stepping up and finally delivering these great Hammer characters.

The Holmes figure is one the best that DD have released. And it is nice to see a Peter Cushing without an oversized head (like the Hasbro one; I'd love to shrink it down to make a Custom of Holmes from 'Masks of Death', Van Helsing from 'Legend of The Seven Golden Vampires' or Frankenstein from '...Monster From Hell'; though I'd he even happier if DD make the latter two figures at some point :D).

I should upload some photos of these figures and the customized Dracula too.

You've customized a Dracula? I'd like to see it. The old Product Enterprises one is solid, with a nice sculpt, but the head is too big, body is way too small and the clothing material could be nicer.

If DD could do the Prince of Darkness on a taller body, with the red-lined cape, I wouldn't mind upgrading. But the sculpt would have to be spot-on Lee.

You've customized a Dracula? I'd like to see it. The old Product Enterprises one is solid, with a nice sculpt, but the head is too big, body is way too small and the clothing material could be nicer.

Yes, I have customized too, most as a project with my brother (who has the same hobby). I'll post photos of them here in a few days. :)

I like Dracula's suit but I two have a problem with it. Firstly if it going to be completely down-up, it should have two poppets, secondly it should only be fastened up at the top, as he never does his jacket up in 'Dracula' only in some later Dracula films like 'Scars...' or the awful modern Dracula films.

If DD could do the Prince of Darkness on a taller body, with the red-lined cape, I wouldn't mind upgrading. But the sculpt would have to be spot-on Lee.

The red lined cape is something I'd like (though I do prefer him with his black lined cape from the first film) as I already customized a cravat into having a metallic red tie-pin (like in 'Scars of Dracula').

When it comes to Lee, I'd like a character like Richelieu or Professor Karl Meister (and I'd like to make a custom Peter Cushing as Dr. Nabiroff if he never gets made BY DD or anyone). But I'd be happy with any number of new Dracula figures. :wink1: I'd even quite like a John Forbes-Robertson Dracula figure! :lol

Back