efx falcon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagaliya

Super Freak
Reaction score
when is this thing ever coming out? it's been in the works for years and they havent updated the progress for a while now. is it dead? any inside info?

wish they would stop making all those stupid helms (like the 1000s on ebay isnt enough) and just focus on finishing the MF!

on a different note, can someone list some of the inaccuracies of the code 3 MF?

thanks

It has been said by eFX they don't know when/if they will make the Precision Cast Millennium Falcon. So don't get your hopes up. If you want something go for the MR LE or SE version. The fact that YOU don't collect helmets or don't like them, doesn't make them stupid, noob. ;)

It has been said by eFX they don't know when/if they will make the Precision Cast Millennium Falcon. So don't get your hopes up. If you want something go for the MR LE or SE version. The fact that YOU don't collect helmets or don't like them, doesn't make them stupid, noob. ;)

Gotta agree, EFX is doing some of the most anticipated accurate helmets ever right now...the Legend line is becoming very exciting to see develop.

As for the Falcon, I also thought I heard that it was delayed or scrapped. The MR LE(or SE) Falcon is the best your ever gonna get. Even at the going $$$$ rate. It is WELL worth it and the definitive Falcon replica.The Code 3 is just a high end version of the older Revell model I believe, so it suffers from the inaccurate overly large sidewall height. If you gotta have an accurate Falcon go for the Fine Molds 1/72 scale model kit. But it will require some modeling skill and patience, but beautiful when done correct. Fine Molds also makes a 1/144 kit that looks pretty nice but has a bit less detail. But if you can somehow swing it the MR is the way to go. Even if you have to sell of a huge portion of your collection, it is worth it. A Studio Scale Falcon of this kind likely wont come around again anytime soon. You can always reacquire the stuff you sell to obtain one, but there wont always be MR falcons around. Just my 2 cents..good luck bro,

JB

ok i deserve the n00b call on that one :) thought about buying some helmet and lightsabre to complement the collection but the sheer number of them on ebay really turned me off, cant tell much difference either.

anyway it's really a shame code 3 MF isnt accurate, their other star war pieces are very nice tier 1!! (i have x-wing+tie fighter). Now that I have the attakus chewy + han solo, a MF in the background will be very cool!!

MR falcon is nice but i am just afraid buying such an expensive and large item off ebay, there are 100000 things that can go wrong. Heck i get a 1/5 defect rate on "brand new mib" ebay purchases, The most memorable recent being a $450 code 3 at-st listed as "mint" shipped to me wrapped in 1 sheet of bubblewrap and some newspaper...EVERYTHING broke, looked like lego pieces when i received it.

If the MR Falcon is too expensive, go for the Fine Molds version--it's a pretty good size and they've sold completed versions of it. I think the efx Falcon is also kinda small anyways, the Fine Molds is 18" long

Thats the one I bought- the Fine Molds one.

Still have to put it together.

MR falcon is nice but i am just afraid buying such an expensive and large item off ebay, there are 100000 things that can go wrong. Heck i get a 1/5 defect rate on "brand new mib" ebay purchases, The most memorable recent being a $450 code 3 at-st listed as "mint" shipped to me wrapped in 1 sheet of bubblewrap and some newspaper...EVERYTHING broke, looked like lego pieces when i received it.

I hear you on that bro. I got mine from a fellow board member over at the Rebelscum.com forums. I worked very closely with him on the payment and shipping. It worked out great. It is always better to work one on one with a fellow collector than to go through ebay. That way it is insured when shipped. But also check out the Fine Molds 1/72 Falcon. The kit you can find for about 300-500 and a finished piece could be anywhere from 700-1000. But if you seach and are patient you can find a MR Falcon for a good price. There was just one recently on the rebelscum boards that sold for 1500 plus shipping. But they do average right around the 2k mark or higher.

Good luck with your search. The MF is an awesome collectible and a great conversation piece, such an iconic ship/character.

JB

guys but isnt fine molds falcon plastic :(

Yes...yes it is. If you want a heavy duty piece, you are gonna have to go with either the Code 3 or the MR.

The FM model is a standard, model kit, but don't get me wrong it is a VERY nice kit. Well made, and very detailed.

JB

BBTS has the Fine Molds 1/72 Falcon for $250. Good deal. And while it is plastic (instead of metal), it is much more movie accurate and is quite a bit larger than the Code 3 Falcon (I had both). But if you are just looking for die cast, then Code 3 is the only game in town.

I have one of the limited edition built up Fine Molds Falcons (built by the fine people at Fine Molds), and I couldn't be happier with it. You can also install a lighting kit in the Fine Molds version, while the Code 3 one cannot be modified.

ok i deserve the n00b call on that one :) thought about buying some helmet and lightsabre to complement the collection but the sheer number of them on ebay really turned me off, cant tell much difference either.

You are not the first one seeing lots of sabers and helmets and not knowing what is with them. But if interested in a specific helmet or saber I'm sure people here (me included) would be glad to help you with information regarding their quality, price etc.

Helmets are the bread and butter of eFX now. Which I have no problem with. I'm all about the buckets.

However, I was never able to afford a MR Falcon so I held out hope for the efX version. In reality, I don't think it's going to happen. If it does, I'll be the 1st to order.

https://www.starwarshelmets.com/

Probably the best SW helmets website around.

:exactly:

Helmets are the bread and butter of eFX now. Which I have no problem with. I'm all about the buckets.

However, I was never able to afford a MR Falcon so I held out hope for the efX version. In reality, I don't think it's going to happen. If it does, I'll be the 1st to order.

Indeed. eFX cannot make replica guns and weapons anymore because of the gun laws. The lightsabers are almost all done already by MR. The studio scales ships and vehicles are large, expensive and made from many parts which involves a lot of work - they are released quite slow and very limited numbers. Helmets on the other side are on the wave now. Wish they'd consider some smaller props and the Precision Cast line. But seems they don't yet...

I was never interested in the MR Falcon due to my Imperial focus, but still it is a very impressive piece. I remember years ago there were some stores trying to get rid of them by selling the MR Falcons for $800 or so.

not to upset the hemlet/lightsabre collectors, but i think that's a really bad business move, didnt they learn anything from MR going out of business.

The market is so saturated with those things already, on the flip side there is literally no high end star war ship/vehicles makers and everyone wants them. They dont have to do a giant scale version, just something close to or slightly bigger than code 3 scale, make it accurate, and set a high edition size like 5000. It will sell like hotcakes, the market is STARVING for them. Not to mention there are tons and tons of vehicles in star wars both the preequel and sequel that noone made yet.

efx could make a killing and do what sideshow did to statues with vehicles. Instead they choose to continue make those helmets with limited demand.

frustrating...

not to upset the hemlet/lightsabre collectors, but i think that's a really bad business move, didnt they learn anything from MR going out of business.

The market is so saturated with those things already, on the flip side there is literally no high end star war ship/vehicles makers and everyone wants them. They dont have to do a giant scale version, just something close to or slightly bigger than code 3 scale, make it accurate, and set a high edition size like 5000. It will sell like hotcakes, the market is STARVING for them. Not to mention there are tons and tons of vehicles in star wars both the preequel and sequel that noone made yet.

efx could make a killing and do what sideshow did to statues with vehicles. Instead they choose to continue make those helmets with limited demand.

frustrating...

Everything is about licensing and about the economic situation. Bryan from eFX explained it is not worthy for them to make small scale vehicles like the Code 3 ones. Check out Rebelscum forums and you'll find out for yourself why eFX said that.

As for the helmets, there is a huge market for them despite what you think. We are talking here about props which are above statues from accuracy point of view, because when you talk about a prop you need fidelity at the highest level, artistic interpretation generally is not accepted nor encouraged, but you still need an artist to make the prop itself. Not to talk about the 1:1 size which beats any scaled item.

The prop collectors are not so easy to satisfy as there are the Sideshow fans for example. Just look at SS 1:1 Boba Fett bust, Vader or Stormtrooper 1:6 figure, the new Palpatine PF and you'll see that a lot of people are happy with those, despite their obvious problems. The prop collectors know what they need and they don't accept everything from a company like SSF fans do. eFX knows that and acts accordingly in most cases.

The studio scales or even the small ships still need to be accurate. We are not talking here about whatever muscle dude in tights character from Marvel, but about a ship that has lots and lots of small details and which fans want to be represented even if in a smaller size than regular studio scale.

So before saying the helmets are not sought after, go also to the RPF and learn a bit more about the larger world of props. Then and only then you can try saying the helmets are not interesting to fans, but you'll already have the real answer.

Bryan from eFX explained it is not worthy for them to make small scale vehicles like the Code 3 ones. Check out Rebelscum forums and you'll find out for yourself why eFX said that.

do you have a link or just a summary why the reason is? i am curious why efx think it's not worth making them. I think a $300-600 scaled model doesnt need to be 100% accurate like the $2000 counterparts and fans will still buy them and are much more forgiving.

As a focus collector, i'm gagging for the EFX Falcon, but i get the impression that it's a pipe dream now.

As for other versions, the MR Falon is incredible, but a bit of a grail item for most of us now so i'd definately put in a good word for the Finemolds Version. Infact i'd go as far as to say that it's a better one to get as it's easier to display and is a heck of a lot cheaper. Check out EBAY for the Sideshow version that was released. I'd also say it might be worth talking to some of those talented chaps on the RPF. I bet they'd be able to knock up a very nice FM Falcon for a reasonable price.

As for Code 3? I've always had a soft spot for them and would say go for it if you can get one for a decent price. :)

Good luck.

Back