Has anyone seen this?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melvinpelayo

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Check out the last 3 seconds

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/7QNuFCrDzNY"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/7QNuFCrDzNY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I dont remember seeing that in the cinemas or the DVD.

That footage came from the Episode III video game. I don't know why Dooku's line got cut from the actual film, but I always thought it should've been left in there. It's not like that extra 3 seconds would've hurt the film.

Seems sort of redundant considering he fought them together before. Sort of superferlous line. I mean one guy is standing there missing an arm and the other with a saber burn on his thigh (that ackes when it's raining on Kamino:rolleyes: ) Of course they dont assume they have the advantage, they got their asses handed to them the last time they fought.
I can understand though, I wish Dooku would have talked much more sheit before he died, but I like how he taunted Ani.

If he said "remember" before the line, it could have been both humouress and less redundant.

If Dooku had lived then we wouldn;t have needed Greivous. of course, if Maul had lived, we wouldn't have needed Dooku. And when Kenobi kills Maul on Utupau would have more emotional pay-off.

But that is a whole other discussion.

I keep waiting for Dooku to say the line. It cuts away right as his lips part to say it.

Customikey said:
If Dooku had lived then we wouldn;t have needed Greivous. of course, if Maul had lived, we wouldn't have needed Dooku. And when Kenobi kills Maul on Utupau would have more emotional pay-off.

But that is a whole other discussion.

I keep waiting for Dooku to say the line. It cuts away right as his lips part to say it.

Yeah, that would have been cool to have another main villian that stuck through the whole trilogy (ala Vader). Maul could have been that villian. I would hope that they would have given him actual lines eventually, though, but I agree the payoff at the end would have been great. Now you don't get that pop for Dooku or Grievous when they die.... sad but true.

when TPM came out i thought Maul was the PT Vader... until the end. it would've been great to see that though... maul could've been obi's nemesis and dooku anakin's. what would maul do in between episode I and II though?? he cant exactly have a day job the way he looks..

What? No Chris Lee love? I mean Maul's awesome, the reason to watch TPM, but come on, Chris "DRACULA" Lee! He has personallity and charisma, and though he's not as frightening, he beats Obi down, TWICE, cuts off "The chosen one's" arm AND fights Yoda, and lives to tell the tale! Only Full Power Anakin beat him! Maul got slashed down by a Padawan and Schindler!

I guess that's all off track from what this thread is about, yeah it's in the game, I remember now. I did forget until it was mentioned, I haven't played it in so long.

Maul was a one note character that looked kewl. Dooku had character, charisma and skill. He followed the ways of the Sith trying to convert Kenobi over. He was noble and evil.

Count Dooku > Maul

Christopher Lee > Ray Park

MisterToyNYC said:
Ah yes, superferlous. We now know who scored well in the verbal part of their SATs. :lol

Eric

AND I graduated Cum Laude. How you like them apples...:lecture

The fight between Anakin and Dooku in the gtame had a lot of excellent sequences that were meant to remind the player of the duel at the end of ROTJ.

I don't know why the game has gotten such bad reviews. It's very well done, and the additional plot elements for the game are a lot of fun, as is the VS. mode. FOr those who want more of Anakin tearing up the Temple, this is the place. For those who'd like to see what would happen if Anakin had won the duel with Obi-Wan, this is the place. The dialogue is read by the Clone Wars cast, which is excellent as well. Quality. If you like the ROTK game, this is in the same vein.

On a side note, I'd love a well-done VS. Star Wars game. I'd pick seven characters from each film to fill the roster, with alternate costumes for each.

I had the game for about a week, I beat it then traded it in. Fun old school style hack&slash/adventure. Definitely more like the "Super" series on SNES which is always a plus.

yeah, the game was great because it came out almost the same time the movie did. but it seemed too short and WAY too easy. the unlockables were a nice touch though.

I only played it 1 player for a week or 2, but than I played vs 2 player for some time, until Battlefront 2 hit, but a VS Star Wars game (ala Maters of the TeraKai) would be cool. It would just be fun to mix up the fights,and EU characters too! I did love ROTS while I played though, the force controls wheremy fav. aspect.

EVILFACE said:
Maul was a one note character that looked kewl. Dooku had character, charisma and skill. He followed the ways of the Sith trying to convert Kenobi over. He was noble and evil.

Count Dooku > Maul

Christopher Lee > Ray Park

Well put. I've always felt Dooku was an under appreciated charactor. He has so much depth. Maul is just unbridled rage. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's exciting on screen. Dooku is complex though. So much better for long term plot development.

Darth Rage said:
Well put. I've always felt Dooku was an under appreciated charactor. He has so much depth. Maul is just unbridled rage. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's exciting on screen. Dooku is complex though. So much better for long term plot development.

See, that's the thing. Look at ANH. Not much depth to Vader. But as the movies continued, we learned more about him and his character deepened. Same thing could have happened for Maul. The "unbridled rage" thing is a Lucasfilm construct to sweep Maul under the rug as "not so important." Look at TPM again (if you can). Nothing to suggest that he's an animal. He really comes off as a methodical and quite dangerous assassin.

For Dooku, all of his character is developed by people talking about him. We know what and who he is supposed to be before we even meet him. And when we see him, the description fits. He's no more or less than what we've been told he is. I thought he could have been interesting, but am dissappointed that we don't learn about him by spending time with him. We're just given a character description by Padme and Mace at the beginning.

Having said all that, the characters are what they are, and I'm excited to get them. They're both cool. But the literary critic and professional storyteller in me shudders at expository characterization and shoddy storybuilding.

Darth Maul is best shown in the book Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter. Dooku's character was also shown very well in Dark Rendezvous. just wish he had better screen time. i know i keep ranting about the books, but the Clone Wars novels are fun and fill in many gaps that in between the movies. they also show the Jedi in full B.A. mode!!!

But with Vader, he came out of the gates strong. You felt he was a badass.

Maul just looked kewl and is no where close to the presence that Darth Vader had. Even with just what you saw in ANH, Darth Vader is the most iconic villian of all media, period.

Back