What will you do with your Gray Hulk?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What will you do with the gray Hulk vs. Spidey?

• I bought both and will flip the Gray.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I bought both and will display both.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I bought both and will display green and store Gray.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • I bought both and will display Gray and store green.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only bought Gray and will display it.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I only bought Gray and will store it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only bought Gray and will flip it.

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Quite a few people are flipping them already. Did you also get the green and what do you intend to do with the gray?

Already Flip it..and not for a greedy price...I couldnt care less for this statue...and I'm happy to let another board member having it...

I am keeping my Green Hulk Exclusive!! It looks awesome just like the other Marvel dioramas. As for the Grey Hulk, I didn't get one and I don't feel too bad about it either.

Shai Hulud said:
Already Flip it..and not for a greedy price...I couldnt care less for this statue...and I'm happy to let another board member having it...

Shai, if you don't mind me asking... then why did you even order it? :confused:

I voted to display the green and store the gray. If this thing is going to be worth that much money then I will be scared that something might happen to it...

lcummins said:
Shai, if you don't mind me asking... then why did you even order it? :confused:

To Flip it. No shame here.And ask J.S if he made a good deal...

I can't vote yet. I'll decide when I receive both and inspect them. If the Gray Hulk is that impressive I'll keep it. If it's too close to the green I may flip later.

I still hope for a secret black costume Spidey variant with Gray Hulk.

flippity flip flip flip. does that make me an evil person?:emperor

pancake1-tm.jpg

I would like some input here from SS/Weta collectors.

Why is it sacriligious to sell the beloved Cave Troll or Balrog but is okay to easily part with Gray Hulk? Is it the sculpt that's not driving anyone crazy? Are LOTR fans more diehard than comic statue collectors?

Why is everyone so quick to part with a piece that they probably won't be able to get back? I want the money as much as the next guy but I love this Vs line and it won't be an easy decision when the time comes.

SLF, it's all in the timing. People bought the Cave Troll for their collection, it wasn't demanding high secondary prices when they bought it. Only after owning it for a while did it slowly climb in value. Thus priorities get re-evaluated and people decide they'd rather have more of something else than just a cave troll.

With the gray hulk it's a case of purchasing it with the sole objective of depriving a true collector of obtaining it at MSRP...err, I mean, of making a profit.

Some people don't see any differences between the 2 situations, some do.

I raised one hell of a stink when I missed the Gray, but if the flippers get big bucks, more power to them. You win some, you lose some. I really wanted to keep my exclusive run going, but alas, it looks like I'll have to be content with the Green, but if anyone wants to sell, give me a holler. *sighs* Can't believe going away from the computer to eat dinner for 30 minutes would cost me $$$.

Last edited:
Maybe you should change the name of the board from SideshowFreaks to SideshowFlips :rolleyes: .....

Darklord Dave said:
SLF, it's all in the timing. People bought the Cave Troll for their collection, it wasn't demanding high secondary prices when they bought it. Only after owning it for a while did it slowly climb in value. Thus priorities get re-evaluated and people decide they'd rather have more of something else than just a cave troll.

With the gray hulk it's a case of purchasing it with the sole objective of depriving a true collector of obtaining it at MSRP...err, I mean, of making a profit.

Some people don't see any differences between the 2 situations, some do.

I see what you mean.

My indecision comes in the sense that unlike the Cave Troll, there is only 50 of these out there. Actually less than that now that a few auctions for it have gone through. May be 45 or so. It's a unique item that will be hard to buy back not because of it's price but it's availability.

I guess it comes down to how much you want the piece and the popularity of the Vs line picking up. CapVsRed Skull may cause some buzz. We'll see.

Shai Hulud said:
To Flip it. No shame here.And ask J.S if he made a good deal...

Thank you Shai. You've helped me acquire an item that is definitely one of
my "grail" pieces for my collection. I've got both green and gray coming and
I hope to display both on a shelf dedicated exclusively to the Hulk. Such as:

Attakus Hulk (best of the best so far)
Sideshow Gray Hulk Diorama Exc.
Sideshow Green Hulk Diorama Exc.
Sideshow 1/4 scale Hulk (hopefully!)
Bowen Hulk (new one coming out)
Hard Hero Green Hulk
Hard Hero Gray Hulk
Marvel Hulk
Custom Keown Hulk Statue

there'll be others as well, but those are just the highlights.
I really like the Hulk as a character, and will have to now
dedicate an entire section just to him. Makes me happy.

Thanks again Shai! :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

JS :)

Back