attakus jawa owner, need your help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagaliya

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi i recently won this off ebay, however didnt realize until afterwards that the seller said this is a prototype ( i assume that means ap?).

Can any attakus jawa owner compare the below pictures to what you have and list out any differences? so hard to find a real photo of this thing on the web. thanks!

JawaAttak.jpg

stockphoto:

jawa.jpg

If there anything outside small paint app differences its not an AP.

AP = Artist Proof, its basically an unumbered proof of the final product and typically not sold by company unless for a special situation (ie auction for charity).

If he said it is a Prototype is that a pre production prototype.

thanks guys, looks like it is a preproduction prototype, found this thread, it mentioned 1 prototype was gun pointing up. That's pretty cool.

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=28563

i dont think attakus has recast, they dont make them in china, so no way those guys would get the blueprint to remake them in the factories. And it's $100 statue :p

They don't need a blueprint to make fakes, they just buy one and make a cast of it and then make a bunch of copies (recast).

They don't need a blueprint to make fakes, they just buy one and make a cast of it and then make a bunch of copies (recast).

not really, those would look completely fake and easily recognized. The way those fakes like the ringwraith and tychus are made are from the same factory that made the real ones. The local workers/managers there just create a few more batches at night using the same mold, if you compare them to the original it is almost identical, only sometime the paint app are off because they got different workers to paint them.

Well, it is actually possible to recast a statue without having access to the original molds, but there's no point in doing that for a statue that's not very valuable like this, and if it were a recast they would try and make it look exactly like the original -- not change the pose, etc.

not really, those would look completely fake and easily recognized. The way those fakes like the ringwraith and tychus are made are from the same factory that made the real ones. The local workers/managers there just create a few more batches at night using the same mold, if you compare them to the original it is almost identical, only sometime the paint app are off because they got different workers to paint them.

Sure they can, they do it all the time. Like the Hot Toys figures, which are produced by Hot Toys themselves. They just buy one and remake it themselves. They can get pretty close to matching the original.

Sure they can, they do it all the time. Like the Hot Toys figures, which are produced by Hot Toys themselves. They just buy one and remake it themselves. They can get pretty close to matching the original.

yeah i know they can, but if it's done by reverse engineering it would look very obvious as a fake. Not sure about hot toys, they all look the same to me with different dressup cloth :p i only mean sideshow.

but for ringwraith and tychus it's from the same factory using the same mold. I have the real tychus and when i was in china i saw the fake in a few of the hobby shops, it's a 1:1 down to the beard dots on his face, minus the stamp on the base. I really couldnt tell at all and i have a pretty good eye on spotting paint/sculpt differences.

It really depends on if they have the mold or not, for example there is no optimus prime fakes or thor fakes etc..those worth a lot of money than ringwraith, so why wouldnt they just buy one and recast it if it can be done to the level of detail/sculpt as the original?

Back