Cordelia Preview- Touch Ups on Photoshop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowswarlok

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I have some fixes that id like to see, but please dont think im putting sideshow down, i love this figure. But i think where i spent so much time on my custom, im noticing things easier.

ok, based on this pic, here are my suggestions.

da82da18.jpg

-skin tone- it needs to be darker, more tanned, orangey almost lol.

-Highlights- Her hair should have some chestnut highlights, light brown just on some areas to break up the darkness of the paint.

-Mouth- They have nailed the mouth shape, although i can see a little bit of Xander, especially in the lip area. Although, i think the lips are too pink and bright. They need to be darker, more mocha i think the lipstick is called something like Coffee Shimer, which would be more accurate for this figure. (i dont wear lipstick btw, my sister used to use that one, before anyone gets the wrong idea ) Although, i do wish the top lip was a bit higher.

-Eyes- One thing i realised when making my Cordelia was the fact that she needs a lot of eye liner or whatever to bring her eyes out. I think this figure is lacking black around the eyes and is taking away the sexy cordelia look a little, especially around the bottom of her eyes.

-Nose- As i said above, the bridge is too sharp, look at the pic above, her nose is curved and lovely lol

-Birth Mark- Lets hope they include the birthmark on her cheek, it has to be added......please sideshow!

And Lastly:

-Her Shirt or in this case her leather jacket. Thats what i see when i look at this picture. The shirt doesnt hug her body enough, look at the image, her shirt should be clung to her body and im sorry but she needs to show some cleavage.......she has to

-The colours look a little too dark and the buttons are too big. They are hardly visible on her shirt, so please, sideshow, remove them or make them smaller. They are pop buttons so they could just be overlooked or painted on! Her shirt should be silver and darker silver or grey. This looks like black and silver. So please change this.

I realise that this is just an early peek, but this is perfect time to listen to customers/ fans and make a figure that will restore faith in Buffy/ Angel fans. Cordelia is definately the most sexiest and sassy character in the whole verse and this figure just has to do her justice

Ive changed the skin tone, rounded her nose, added her birthmark, darkened her lips and eye makeup and changed her hair colour and added highlights
i think this makes her look a lot more like Charisma

cordyoriginal.jpg
cordyfix.jpg

Then i added the body from my custom onto it. I know its far from perfect but it shows what cleavage and the tight blouse/ shirt can do for the figure and its likeness. I also added some blush to her cheeks, which helps a little

cordyoriginal.jpg
cordyfix2.jpg

I think most of the things you've pointed out are simply effects created by SS's use of photoshop in the picture. Remember when the Boromir preview came out and everyone said he looked too red? Wait for the actual photos and I think we'll have a much similar case.

Thanks for posting the pictures here Wayne. I think your touchups bring out the likeness even more. Maybe the final product already looks more like this but just in case it doesn't, these suggestions for coloring really do make a big difference imo.

The problem with giving her orangey skin is that it's gonna look weird contrasted against the paler color of the body. Subway Spike is a good example of that.

I like how you softened up the bridge of the nose and darkened the eye makeup though.

thanks.
about the skin, lets face it, cordy is tanned, shes never been pale, not even when she got impaled in Buffy.
I think she should be tanned, some of the sideshow bodies are dark so maybe the difference wont notice. i mean, look how pale the willow was, and that didnt stop sideshow?
Wayne

TheObsoleteMan said:
The problem with giving her orangey skin is that it's gonna look weird contrasted against the paler color of the body. Subway Spike is a good example of that.

I like how you softened up the bridge of the nose and darkened the eye makeup though.

Shouldn't be a problem - a number of figures have the body painted as well - Hellboy & Abe Sapien spring to minnd.

The bodies aren't painted but molded in a different color plastic. I don't have a problem with Cordy not being as orange as Charisma normally is, but I would like to see the shirt tighter and lower. And losing the buttons would be a good idea too. You've also got me wondering if they include the bustier.

I feel the preview Cordelia's biggest problem is the paint. She could use a bit more shadow around the eyes and a slightly more tanned complexion. Another is the brown in her hair, eyes, and eyebrows appears too flat. But that may be more from the lighting and camera then the actual figure.

I can see only one problem with the sculpt, the cheek bones on Charisma are much more prominent then is depicted here.
But knowing the talent at Sideshow, they probably already know it's flaws but can't do anything about it. The actress could have wanted the figure to have less pronounced cheek bones, so that's what we'll get.
I can live with any of the perceived flaws, it's a great likeness.
Oh and I agree, they should get rid of the buttons on the blouse.

I think it's just that Charisma's makeup is a bit more pronounced usually, not that the cheekbones don't match. A little brighter, redder paint on her cheeks would probably make a huge difference.

I'd sure love a 1/4 scale PF of Cordy........ :monkey2

JS

Actually I'm one of the customisers, and for once I'm not finding a thing wrong with this figure. I actually like the new sculpted do, and if you can't tell the sculpt is Charisma Carpenter then either you are very far sighted and/or you've never seen the woman on tv. As we've said before and as a sculpter, it's hard for people to look at one photo or one pose and compair it to the sculpt and judge it as correct. Many different angles and photos are used to get the likeness as close as possible. Personally I think they nailed this one, probably one of the best likenesses in the Whedon line since GD Buffy, Angel, and Spike.

Murderofcrows71 said:
Actually I'm one of the customisers, and for once I'm not finding a thing wrong with this figure. I actually like the new sculpted do, and if you can't tell the sculpt is Charisma Carpenter then either you are very far sighted and/or you've never seen the woman on tv. As we've said before and as a sculpter, it's hard for people to look at one photo or one pose and compair it to the sculpt and judge it as correct. Many different angles and photos are used to get the likeness as close as possible. Personally I think they nailed this one, probably one of the best likenesses in the Whedon line since GD Buffy, Angel, and Spike.

I whole-heartedly agree. I REALLY can't understand any of the criticism on this one. I really don't.

And those photoshop pix are not an improvement... but that is just my opinion. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Not one figure of the Buffy-line in my (small) collection, but this one I am most certainly going to buy!

Of all the female figure SS has done, this one looks the best!

Call it plastic attraction --:love

Where is my medicine????:rotfl

Am I missing something? Is SSC going tro release a Cordelia figure? I can't seem to find any pics on the SSC site. Can someone fill me in on this?

Thanks.
Eric

MisterToyNYC said:
Am I missing something? Is SSC going tro release a Cordelia figure? I can't seem to find any pics on the SSC site. Can someone fill me in on this?

Thanks.
Eric

Preview pic posted in newsletter, should be up on SSC site tomorrow. No word on when available for pre-order.

Btw, this is a great figure, great sculpt IMO, no complaints, only suggestion would be NOT to paint her hair too dark brown. SSC sems to like dark brown hair for some reason, The Leia PF proto had mud brown hair, Leia/Carrie Fisher had lighter medium brown hair with auburn highlights in ANH...

Anyway, love this one, gonna be a big hit IMO.

I'll get this one for sure!
And she'll be in repaint before the mailman gets around the corner! I mean, this is one of my all-time favorite TV babes, so...um...there.

:D

Hope there's a Cordy repaint thread at that time....:google

I agree, great sculpt from what I am seeing so far. There was no doubt in my mind as far as likeness.

Back