Diorama Help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTO15

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was looking into making a diorama (the interrogation scene from dark knight). I know people are sick and tired of TDK stuff, but I have the chair/table set that Batfan made, and I don't have cash to shell out for a diorama. So I thought I would have a go at it myself.

The one thing I was wondering was what materials should I use for the walls? Right now I'm playing around with foam core board, but I feel the material may be too flimsy

dark-knight-interrogation.jpg

Also in the corner of the room, it has a raised corner, and not just two walls coming together. And I don't think using foam board will achieve the same look

Well I hope I can get some worldly advice from some knowledgeable people on this board.

Thanks

You can get thin plywood to build your walls and floor with to make a sturdy base for your room. Then go to your local craft or hobby store. They should carry dollhouse supplies and there you should be able to buy polystyrene sheets of molded bricks. Painted white, they will look like subway tile.

To make the raised corner simply make the corner then place a piece of wood to in it to make the ‘raised’ corner look. A tip on covering the walls in the molded brick sheets, score the BACK of the sheet before folding around corners for sharper, more realistic edges.

They do at my local Hobby Lobby, if not you can buy they from Plastruct, either on their website or through Amazon.

Back