Once Upon A Time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Caedus

Formerly Congerking
Reaction score
Anybody check this out tonight??? I'm a big sucker for fairy tale type stuff and this was fantastic. Granted it's almost a straight-up ripoff of the graphic novel series Fables, I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Plus, Snow White + Emma :love:date

Other than having some cute chicks, thought it was a bit meh. Will see what the second episode brings.

I was sure that I'd be yelling and screaming that it rips off the great comic "Fables." But it seems like they've made it different enough that it's not really a rip off. I would have preferred a Fables series though.

And the evil Queen IS fairer than Snow White - how'd THAT happen?

Oh - love Jennifer Morrison - hope she keeps this job.

Watched it last night. Loved it.

It did give me that 'Lost' vibe, in that there are so many questions I have right now, that I want to watch more. This will be my new 'pick-up' show.

I'm also looking forward to 'Grimm' tonight, but I can already see that I'll probably follow 'Once Upon A Time' before 'Grimm.'

Yes, I like how they are handling backstories. Characters are pretty bad ass too - loved how Prince Charming handled the first two bad guys. I'll be recording this one for awhile.

And Grimm hasn't started yet, has it? Thought it was this Friday night...

Just found out about this a couple days ago. They are re-airing the Pilot this weekend, and my TiVo is set!

Haven't heard of "Fables", but this sounds like a pretty cool concept.

Enjoyed the pilot. Not sure which I like better, Grimm or this...

Yeah, the 2nd episode helped develop the mythology. But so far the show is ALL mythology. They're eventually going to have to get down to telling single stories.

And I can't help but wonder how thought out it is - do the characters age? How long have they been there? They have technology, so it's not like the town is frozen in time. Do they die? Give birth? Haven't outsiders noticed that they don't die or give birth?

Do characters that were dead when the curse started live on or are reborn in the town?
Spoiler Spoiler:

Child Henry is the son of the daughter of Snow White. the clock tower kept them trapped in their personal life time but not in exterior.

Yeah, the 2nd episode helped develop the mythology. But so far the show is ALL mythology. They're eventually going to have to get down to telling single stories.

And I can't help but wonder how thought out it is - do the characters age? How long have they been there? They have technology, so it's not like the town is frozen in time. Do they die? Give birth? Haven't outsiders noticed that they don't die or give birth?

Do characters that were dead when the curse started live on or are reborn in the town?
Spoiler Spoiler:

Don't over think it!!!!! :lol Remember there are a lot of things in fairy tales that don't exactly make sense...especially Disney ones.

Child Henry is the son of the daughter of Snow White. the clock tower kept them trapped in their personal life time but not in exterior.

I know, but they made a big deal about the father's name - so it has to mean something.

Back