The Micronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Cruel

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK...I don't know if there are enough Micronauts fans to actually support a thread about a possible movie...particularly one that has not even been set on the launchpad yet...but I am going to give it a shot anyway. I did a search of the forums and came up empty for a previous thread. If I missed something, I hope the mods will help me save some face by merging the threads quickly.

Anyway...I loved the Micronauts toys as a kid. And when Marvel brought out the comics, I was in Heaven other than my perpetual frustration at never having an action figure for "Bug" and "Marionette". Also, I thought Biotron and Microtron were all the way cooler as the more scaled-to-the-humans characters that they were in the comics. A little too R2-D2/C-3PO, but I was OK with that.

When DD comics re-booted the series a few years ago, I was absolutely stoked despite the changes. I liked it just as much. But the problem was...I never bought a single issue despite my excitement (I missed the first two at the comic shop as I did not know it was going to happen until the third issue, I read issue 3 in the store after being surprised to find the re-boot of the comic, and I just never got to the comic store for the remaining 9 or 10 issues in time (they sold out damned fast). I WILL be correcting that mistake with the help of ebay, soon.

So now that Hasbro, Paramount, and JJ Abrams' Bad Robot production company have joined up to look in to the possibility of making this movie, I find myself to be excited about the franchise all over again. And bringing on the writers that actuall made me enjoy a zombie movie shows a hell of a lot of promise as well.

I am daydreaming about Sideshow "Bug" and "Acroyear" figures and it is good.

Edit - And thanks to The Mike for making the post that bought this to my attention.

What the hell is a Micronaut!?

**EDIT

HOLY CRAP! I've been searching for a minute trying to figure out this childhood toy I had that I LOST at the beach when I was small (buried him and forgot him when we left, lol) and I never had any success in finding out what the toy was because I had almost no info about it other than it was about the same size as a G.I. Joe, green and had a tail.

Well after searching "Micronauts" because of this thread, and looking at some of the pics of the toys.. I finally found it.

Micronauts Repto
37184701582d1d88142co.jpg

:yess:

Last edited:
Had lots of them as a kid. Had some of the junk Palisades Micronauts. 3A rumored to be wanting to make figures . .

I remember those figures, all the limbs were interchangeable. The humanoid ones were creepy with their metal heads. Good memories.

I loved the Micronauts figures and the first 12 Marvel issues drawn by Mike Golden. Although I always thought it was strange that the Micronauts figures evolved from the humanoid type characters like Acroyear and Space Glider to the alien figures like Kronos and Reptos above.

I'm a little wary of a movie because it will inevitably be about the Micronauts crossing over into our universe, which was a prominent storyline in the comics that also included an appearance by Man-Thing. I have a problem with that because the fish-out-of-water story is such a HUGE cliche, and its dumb premise will overshadow the great potential of the characters. I mean, I know it's kinda necessary they cross over because they are MICROnauts in comparison to us. But they would really need to some something smart to raise the idea to a better level than something like the Smurfs movie.

awesome memories indeed... the Michael Golden issues especially! i remember having the first run of the toy line... Baron Karza and his half horse type body and Acroyear...

What the hell is a Micronaut!?

**EDIT

HOLY CRAP! I've been searching for a minute trying to figure out this childhood toy I had that I LOST at the beach when I was small (buried him and forgot him when we left, lol) and I never had any success in finding out what the toy was because I had almost no info about it other than it was about the same size as a G.I. Joe, green and had a tail.

Well after searching "Micronauts" because of this thread, and looking at some of the pics of the toys.. I finally found it.

Micronauts Repto
37184701582d1d88142co.jpg

:yess:

I am happy that some unexpected good came of it. This was actually my own very favorite figure from the line. It is the figure that made me realize that from time to time, the popular bad guys become good guys. I wanted this guy to be a good guy and I started noticing that it happened in comics once in a while.

I didn't let that stop me from making him a hero in my world, though. He single-handedly defeated and tamed a Hornetroid and the two of them did some serious Damage to the bad guys for the heros.

Had lots of them as a kid. Had some of the junk Palisades Micronauts. 3A rumored to be wanting to make figures . .

I believe that Hasbro now has the license. I may be mistaken, but I thought I just read that.

I loved the Micronauts figures and the first 12 Marvel issues drawn by Mike Golden. Although I always thought it was strange that the Micronauts figures evolved from the humanoid type characters like Acroyear and Space Glider to the alien figures like Kronos and Reptos above.

I'm a little wary of a movie because it will inevitably be about the Micronauts crossing over into our universe, which was a prominent storyline in the comics that also included an appearance by Man-Thing. I have a problem with that because the fish-out-of-water story is such a HUGE cliche, and its dumb premise will overshadow the great potential of the characters. I mean, I know it's kinda necessary they cross over because they are MICROnauts in comparison to us. But they would really need to some something smart to raise the idea to a better level than something like the Smurfs movie.

I agree that the storyline of the movie can end up as a monster cliche. But I am hoping that the assembled team can either take it in a better direction, or lessen the impact of that aspect with a great plot and some good writing.

Edit - IF they even make the movie.

Back