C-3PO: Shiny or Dirty?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which version of C-3PO do you want SS to make first?

• Yavin Shiny

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Tatooine Dirty

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Covered in Jabba Nasty

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Customikey

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hopefully, Sideshow will eventually make some droids. Which version of classic 3PO would you most like to see?

Part of the reason I'm asking is because I'm about to build a 3PO figure from a Kaiyodo model and I can't decide which version I want to attempt to paint up.

I didn't like him when he was too shiny.

I like a bit of character to him and that's donw with a bit of dirt/dust. I don't want him to look like he's just come out of his box... not Sideshows box but his original box in the Star Wars world... you know what I mean...

PsychoCenobite :monkey3

I prefer a shiny version... I know its not exactly accurate for all settings, but I'd like a C-3PO at the top of his game :D

I think that with the right paint, a dirty version would rock! Gotta have the droid binder as well.

Tatooine dirty... hands down. Its like: which Elvis would you prefer fat or skinny... Most everyone wants skinny Elvis because that was when he was in his glory. With C3PO it was his Tatooine dirty which (to me) represents his glory days.

Shiny. Let us weather the figure if wanted. I would easier for us to weather it with pastels, for example, than to try to clean one up.

But why are we even discussing this in the first place? You just KNOW that SS will be offering both versions as inclusive/reclusive edition(s)... ;)

Darth Loki said:
3PO had glory days? R2 maybe, but not 3PO.

He had a few brave moments. In ROTJ he did lure the stormtroopers up to where the Ewoks were waiting to attack.

Agent0028 said:
I want him shiny like the ewok god that he is.

That's a good compromise between ridiculously shiny and real nasty looking. I would have voted for used, but not abused when it comes to his paint job... shiny was the closest option available.

I'd prefer him dirty...but I chose shiny because I'd like to dirty him up myself. Not so certain about "dirt" deco...like the missing dirt on the Taylor Exclusive.

I think that if they make a PF, he should be shiny as Hell... But if he's a 12 incher... Dirty. But as my fellow freaks have said, I don't know if I trust the dirty paint apps to really come through.

I mean, how many figures were supposed to have 5 o' clock shadows and didn't? (*cough*...CONNOR...*cough*) And not one has been dirtied really well, except for the Muddy Knights. And mud is easier to replicate in paint that just dry dirt.

Back