Blade TV Series **Spoilers**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
not sure where to put this so if this belongs in another forum please move it.
anyone else catch it wed. night on spike?? i missed it but had my parents tivo it for me and after watching it last night i must say i didnt like it too much. i didnt know too much about it other than it was Blade so can someone educate me on the storyline. is it a prequel?? the way it started in Moscow i thought it was in between 1 and 2, but since Whistler was not there im not sure. i also dont really like the main character for blade, i wish they would've chosen someone that has at least had some martial arts background. i read that Michael Jai White was considered for the position, but they chose "Sticky" Fingaz or whatever his name is instead. Why?? white has been in movies and has crazy ninja skills....

havent seen it yet, but I do plan on catching it.

FYI: the first episode is avialable for free on iTunes.

I only enjoyed the first Blade movie. All the sequels were pretty mediocre and full of CGI.

I'll check this TV series out. Thanks for the heads up.

It really looks like this is will just continue from where the last film left off? But I watched in Wed night... it was pretty good IMO. Not great television, but Blade wasn't exactly a quality franchise to begin with. On the plus side there was a decent amount of violence and gore and even an utterance of the word "****". So not having real high expectations I'd give it around a B-. But I am interested to see what happens once the series gets its legs under it.

Just as a point of interest: The Moderator over at Rebelscum, Dave Myatt, works on the show as a prop handler. But I am afraid he is pretty tight-lipped when it comes to leaking any info about it (other than he says it will be really really cool. :cool:

Actually Dave talking about working on it was one of the main reasons I checked it out... although a question for those that have seen it: Did the sound mixing seem messed-up on the show? For me the background sounds and music made the dialogue real difficult to hear at times... but with other shows I haven't had any troubles.

I TIVOed it and watched about half. Sticky isn't much of an actor I'm afraid, although he looks good enough in the role. But can't say I was very impressed. Probably won't be watching it regularly. Buffy it ain't.

I was pleasantly surprised by it. I was execting something really cheesy, but the acting was surprisingly good, and the plot seemed about on par with the movies. Sticky Fingaz may not win an Emmy, but Blade's not really a talky role anyway.

3D Figure said:
Im looking forward to seeing it, After all not much else to watch at this time. Can't wait for Battlestar Gallactica though!

3 D F I G U R E .com

AMEN!!! still waiting until the next season starts to get cable. the only problem i have with sticky is that he isnt qualified for the action sequences. when i watched the show last night i kept thinking how bad some of the fight scense were.whenever i think of blade i think of crazy, fists of fury fighting. with the actor that cannot perform that much in the fighting im afraid it will limit some of the action to just gunplay. and is it me or was blade getting beat up a lot???

With the budgetary and time constraints of a tv series, I doubt you'd get a lot of elaborate, stunt filled fight scenes no matter who's playing Blade.

I also thought the fights on the show were a tad clunky at times, but I'm sure that will improve if it stays on the air on long enough.

i skipped through everyone's post.

:confused: ---When is this on??

I read a review of this and the reporter said that it is good. The FX is not as good as the movie with Snipes but it delivers he said.

its on FX Wednesday nights at 10pm after Ultimate Fighter. and i thought the special effects were really good compared to the movies. there was a scene where a vamp gets shot in the face and he turns around and you see his mouth all shreded up and i thought it looked really good.

hairlesswookiee said:
its on FX Wednesday nights at 10pm after Ultimate Fighter. and i thought the special effects were really good compared to the movies. there was a scene where a vamp gets shot in the face and he turns around and you see his mouth all shreded up and i thought it looked really good.

It's on spike, not FX.:blackbat

You'll probably end up watching rescue me or some thing

Yeah, Sticky is not one of the great actors of our time... but Snipes was cheesey as all get out in the role. I think for me I would prefer if the new Blade would make the character more his own... you can tell he's got a bit of an accent (maybe Bronx?) but he's trying real hard to sound like Snipes. I'd rather see him do his own thing and let the series have some fun :chew Any way the keep talking about Likens (sp) so there could be a lot of cool possiblities there :chew

Lycans? Like from Underworld? I didn't hear that it all. I thought the lead vamp was the House of Cthon?

Back