Dark Hall Mansion Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Freak
Reaction score
Web-Site:https://www.darkhallmansion.com/

The most recent release was a Tom Whalen commissioned piece "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown"

Edition Sizes
Regular - 280
Variant - 50
Steel - 20

REGULAR - $50
Great_Pumpkin_Standard_Edition.jpg

VARIANT - $100
It_s_the_Great_Pumpkin-VARIANT_Edition.jpg

STEEL - $250
It_s_the_Great_Pumpkin-Steel_Edition.jpg

Their site really screwed up this, having it up for order, but not actually being orderable since the cart said they were all sold or in peoples carts. They actually went up about an hour and a half later and are sold out now. Wasted a whole morning on this for nothing. This was Dar Hall Mansions screw up. They should have done better. If this is a sign of things to come, they can keep their posters.

Their site really screwed up this, having it up for order, but not actually being orderable since the cart said they were all sold or in peoples carts. They actually went up about an hour and a half later and are sold out now. Wasted a whole morning on this.

You and me both. I have an exam tonight for grad school too. I was like if I sit here and keep hitting refresh I'll have to get one. Well...no. Turns out I had no shot at all. They botched this bad. I'm so disappointed. I LOVE this print, but I am NOT impressed with Dark Hall Mansion.

Newbs...

They just updated their facebook page with this...

Dark Hall Mansion
Once again, we fully recognize the understandable frustration on drop process and apologize yet again. Many of you have seen how far we go in reaching out to our clients to make them happy, and when they're not, we're not. Rest assured the appropriate measures will be taken to make the purchasing process as well received as our art.

Thank you,

DHM

They just updated their facebook page with this...

Dark Hall Mansion
Once again, we fully recognize the understandable frustration on drop process and apologize yet again. Many of you have seen how far we go in reaching out to our clients to make them happy, and when they're not, we're not. Rest assured the appropriate measures will be taken to make the purchasing process as well received as our art.

Thank you,

DHM

Quaint. Doesn't get me a copy of the poster though. I'm sure they will make improvements to their process. But, I'm still hacked about this one. I'd think understandably so.

haha man people are roasting them on facebook. What a disaster. They actually said someone got a variant and a regular. Yea...like that is going to calm people and make them feel better. I couldn't get one and yet someone got 2!? And not only that, at least 3-4 new listings have gone up on eBay since it was released.

Mondo and these guys need to come up with an agreement stating you will not sell on eBay for ridiculous prices. Similar to how scalping tickets is illegal in a lot of places.

haha ok I know that's laughable, but still...it sucks being someone who doesn't buy these to turn them for zilly profit. I just want to hang this thing on my wall, and at $100 it's not cheap, at $250 it's ridiculous. The artists aren't even getting as much as these flippers are per poster.

Flippers are just part of the game. I can deal with that. I wasn't actually angry till it turned out they botched it, and I had missed it twice after spending all that time.

Mondo and these guys need to come up with an agreement stating you will not sell on eBay for ridiculous prices. Similar to how scalping tickets is illegal in a lot of places.

Not to be a ____, but aren't you the one that created a for sale thread in here as soon as the last batch of mondo posters were released? As I recall your prices were not at cost. Whether you flip for $20 or $200 flipping is flipping. I don't think its fair to complain about ebay or the flippers on there when your doing the same thing on here.

Not to be a ____, but aren't you the one that created a for sale thread in here as soon as the last batch of mondo posters were released? As I recall your prices were not at cost. Whether you flip for $20 or $200 flipping is flipping. I don't think its fair to complain about ebay or the flippers on there when your doing the same thing on here.

I thought that may come up. I was going to keep them but had a personal financial issue coming up. $20 is enough to cover my shipping. I'm not making money off those at priority prices. Heck, if you look at most of my sales they are below retail. I'm not in this to make money. I would love to keep these if it was in the cards. That's why I'm selling so much

Their site really screwed up this, having it up for order, but not actually being orderable since the cart said they were all sold or in peoples carts. They actually went up about an hour and a half later and are sold out now. Wasted a whole morning on this for nothing. This was Dar Hall Mansions screw up. They should have done better. If this is a sign of things to come, they can keep their posters.
They actually were in people's carts. I was able to cart a reg when they first went up but it got kicked out of my cart when I went to pay. They had some settings wrong for accepting payments. Once people realized this, they probably held them in their carts until they fixed the issue. With Bigcartel, once it is in your cart you have 30 minutes to check out. That is why you got that message.

They actually were in people's carts. I was able to cart a reg when they first went up but it got kicked out of my cart when I went to pay. They had some settings wrong for accepting payments. Once people realized this, they probably held them in their carts until they fixed the issue. With Bigcartel, once it is in your cart you have 30 minutes to check out. That is why you got that message.

Thinking someone might leave a cart but not checkout, I sat on the site looking for stock to come in for 45 minutes after I got that message. It wasn't until 30 minutes after that, a friend said he was able to just then place an order, and I didn't have time to get one. So, well over an hour after I got the message, people were ordering them. It's the most unpleasant ordering experience I've had. I don't know what went wrong, but I'm still upset about it and trying not to think on it too much.

Dear Collectors, we are Dark Hall Mansion and below is a longer note detailing all regarding our Great Pumpkin drop, but we're also enclosing this brief, below, as a couple of posts casually reference sites that say 'sorry' (if that) for any prob and move on-that's NOT us! Please take just a moment and read through as we respect your comments and frustration and will NEVER just be casual about our clients or their input!

Thank you for the courtesy and opportunity to do Wow you again shortly with our next print and KNOW the processing will be solved!

Please see below,

DHM

From DHM: we DO care, we WILL fix this, and we very much DON'T just throw out apologies and move on. We also never take for granted the the massive love and interest we receive on our projects, nor will we ever be indifferent to the business directed our way. If other firms have taken that approach with you, it's unfortunate, but also unacceptable as you don't need to settle. We understand if you've had bad experiences elsewhere but we won't allow that to define us nor would ever want any of you to lower your expectations as we respect you don't need to settle for less. It's simple, end of the day, we put together projects we believe in and want you all excited about and part of that is knowing you don't have to hassle purchasing them, we agree with that and we'll see to it on our next. Know that.

Thanks very much,

DHM
https://www.DarkHallMansion.com

DHM TO TACKLE ALL PROBS IN ONE EMAIL:

First chance we've had to post here today: Please know we fall on our sword for yesterday's tech glitch accepting 100% responsibility for all the heat and apologize sincerely. As you can see from some of our updates below we didn't find any of this acceptable. We had everything lined up, in detail, to smooth out the probs some of you had with emovieposter earlier and to make your experience a pleasant one, not to complicate matters. A tech oversight between paypal and bigcartel's interface created today's problems that were missed by a simple, but inexcusable, oversight on our behalf. Once again, our apologies for that.

As you've noticed by the degree of customer reach out and dedication to detail, and sheer volume of positive responses, we have no intention to allow this to happen again but understand you will need see the results-fair enough-so please grant us that opportunity as an upcoming drop will more than compel!

Next, regarding use of bigcartel, we couldn't agree more, we can't stand the carting function locking up prints and will not use it again, our goal was simply to ease the expected traffic (trust us, it was huge!) and not risk the dreaded white page blanking for interested buyers. Again, it will be solved on the next and we'll simply use the immediate buy functionality for all offerings.

Lastly, as one posting noted, as an up and coming firm we need take our processing of projects seriously, we did, as you can see in the nature of the work and way it's presented, the last thing we're going to do is be indifferent to the way they're dropped-so please see that mistakes were made-no doubt-but trust we're given the grace anyone is entitled to in rectifying same-and do know they were never errors made out of indifference, that's clearly not in our interest either!

And still we're receiving positive emails and gracious notes from people that see the bigger picture here: the simple fact that it's not in our interest to invest the time, money, efforts and love we have in our projects to willfully not care about mistakes made-in short-we care very much and will do what it takes to solve. But again, know errors weren't made out of indifference, we WILL do better on the next and personally responded to each and every email that came in to our site-ALL of them!

And above all, please accept our sincerest apologies, please look at the efforts and detailing on our projects and efforts throughout and know that it was one contained problem-processing-and it WILL be sorted and solved. We assure you-you'll want to see what's upcoming on our next project-so bear with us while this last is resolved and we think you'll find a new site where you can expect to not only find new and compelling work, interesting artists and new and unusual projects, but maximum care and respect for the client as well. Just let the results prove us out.

Again, apologies to ALL-sincerely so-we appreciate the understanding on the above and trust you will find your faith more than rewarded via our upcoming drop!

Kind regards,

DHM
https://www.DarkHallMansion.com

I'm really after a Great Pumpkin variant if anybody has one they want to get rid of at a decent price or we can talk trades with HT figures or Mondo prints.

Back