Universal Monsters 1:1 Bust Photographic References. YOU AXED FOR IT ICUMMINS.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: For A Few Monsters More......

Anton Phibes said:
some of these will never see the light of day as 12" or PF, but it is a dream list aint it?

Oh yes!!! This was I was thinking about doing! Good job Anton! I will research mine this weekend and put up my favorites! If several of us do this, it will be interesting to see how many pic the same pose or picture for a particular monster...

[/QUOTE]

If you really want the Karloff head and shoulders shot, you can have one for a mere $1,350 cast in solid bronze from Sarah Karloff at her website. Its lovely. You'll be eating catfood for an awfully long time but you'd have a really great Karloff piece.:D

INVISIBLE MAN!!!!!!

Sorry I love the Invisible Man. And the Phantom. Those are my top poicks, along with Frankensteins Monster:D

OK, I've finally found the time (...eh, quit procrastinating thanks to FF!) and researched the pictures for busts I would like to see! Some of these match some of the above, so most of us are on the same track! And of course, my picture of Ardeth Bey shows that Sideshow scored a direct hit on that one!

The Frankenstein monster bust I want to see is the closeup, just after he enters the door backward and turns to face the camera. I could not find a good picture of that, so I've included a couple that come very close.

I like the Invisible Man version Sideshow used for the 12-inch, the one from the opening scene. Really creepy.

Great pics, lc! Glad you finally posted, as you were the inspiration for this thread to begin with.

Isn't Elsa simply stunning as the Bride? Just look at those eyes in the pic lonnie attached to post #10. And is anyone with me in my contention that the hair should be red, like Elsa's own?

That detail of Elsa's upturned face in post #13 is from one of my favorite pictures of her, and I used it as the basis for my mock-up in post #5. What a marvelous portrait.

And that pic of the Monster in post # 13 is a study of the early make-up I mentioned in another thread. I really dig those skin flaps and semi-circular clamps on the forehead. I know most folks want to see the 1:1 busts depict these characters in their most well-known incarnations, but it would be cool to see some of the lesser-known looks represented, too. Maybe the new Legendary Scale Busts line could make room for a few?

bof.jpg

FrankenFan said:
Great pics, lc! Glad you finally posted, as you were the inspiration for this thread to begin with.

Isn't Elsa simply stunning as the Bride? Just look at those eyes in the pic lonnie attached to post #10. And is anyone with me in my contention that the hair should be red, like Elsa's own?

That detail of Elsa's upturned face in post #13 is from one of my favorite pictures of her, and I used it as the basis for my mock-up in post #5. What a marvelous portrait.

And that pic of the Monster in post # 13 is a study of the early make-up I mentioned in another thread. I really dig those skin flaps and semi-circular clamps on the forehead. I know most folks want to see the 1:1 busts depict these characters in their most well-known incarnations, but it would be cool to see some of the lesser-known looks represented, too. Maybe the new Legendary Scale Busts line could make room for a few?

bof.jpg

I've always liked that picture of the monster's early makeup! I wouldn't care if it came from the movie or not!!

Here are a few more of Elsa... she was a very beautiful young woman when Bride was made! As for the hair, I think the black with silver streaks is so iconic, I wouldn't want to see it any other way, but I would have to see the red-head version before I say no completely!

Your picture, Lonnie, of Quasimodo is how I would like to see a PF of the hunchback. Complete with rotating display base. :D

I like the idea of Elsa with red hair, as depicted in Frankenfans posts and banner. Save the black hair for the SSE. The Frankenstein bust would aid sales of the bride bust, if they were able to be displayed together, with the bride, as Frankenfan has shown. So I reckon Frankenstein should be sculpted with this in mind. I can't afford these busts, so any decision makers should probably listen to the buyers rather than the dreamers. Buyers post your desires.

...and don't forget.
CAPE AND MEDALLION! CAPE AND MEDALLION!! CAPE AND MEDALLION!!!

Back