Question about fabricating 1/6 scale glasses.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeek72

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had some questions for anyone attempting to make 1/6 scale glasses. The glasses I am trying to make are for a custom Predator Hawkins head which have gold frames and clear lenses.

1. What material did you use the frames for?
I have casted two types of glasses in solid resin (a hot toys t-1000 pair and an a barbie type), and could hollow out the lenses and try to glue some thin acrylic plastic you get in display window boxes to them, OR dremel off the ear pieces and use the lenses with real wires. Any thoughts?

2. What type of clear resin did you use for the lenses? I tried a clear acrylic resin available at BLICK Arts and got bubbles and it takes 3 days to cure. Also tried E-z water with similar low results.

3. Any tutorials out there? Thanks for any insight, thoughts or advice.. See pic of glasses below.
pred_h~1.jpg

In case anyone was wondering about this post, I put an end to this chapter. I used some BBI aviator sunglasses and hollowed out the lenses. I then just painted the frames and popped in clear lenses from the sidshow buffy the vamp. giles figure...

Back