PDA

View Full Version : Remove writing from stands

jason2885
10-05-2011, 10:08 AM
How can you remove the writing from say a hot toys stand so that you can use it for another figure. I thought I saw a thread before on how to do this but cant find anything right now. Is there something that will remove the painted on writing easily. I tried goo gone and it didnt work and I tried heating it up and that didnt work either. I thought about a light sand paper but was afraid that would damage the stand. Any ideas would be appreciated and if it is not possible to do please let me know that too.

thecapn
10-05-2011, 10:22 AM
I haven't tried it, but maybe a plastic polish? It usually gently rubs off the top layer leaving a smooth finish. I use it all the time to get out scratches.

Mr. EcKo
10-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Just order a decal of what you want to put on it from Evilface - $5 , and put it over the existing logo

Jameson Rook
06-03-2013, 03:06 AM
I was about to make the same topic. Can I just repaint them with black acrylics?

angry_fetus
06-03-2013, 09:22 AM
I was about to make the same topic. Can I just repaint them with black acrylics?

I just dealt with this topic with some of the round Sideshow stands. I first tried to just paint over with black, but the writing is raised ever so slightly on the stands so I stripped the paint off and sanded it down first with a coarse sand paper then finer and finer grain then tried the paint again. Sealed it with a clear coat spray and it looks great.

iMan
06-03-2013, 04:51 PM
I pull off the nameplates and then just spray paint flat black on the stand and it looks great.

TheFiend
06-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Ill have to give that a go. I prefer just black stands. No name plate, no logo and no stickers. I think that looks the best. Some times you can find stands from figures that didn't sell well for cheap.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

iMan
06-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Ill have to give that a go. I prefer just black stands. No name plate, no logo and no stickers. I think that looks the best. Some times you can find stands from figures that didn't sell well for cheap.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yup. I have bought like 3 Suckerpunch Amber stands and even a Sao Feng stand. I get them cheap off Toy Anxiety or BlackOpsToys.

Black looks way better IMO.