Its official: SS is making a 12" Jar Jar for next year (not really)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
And I say that because I just received the Hasbro version that I purchased off ebay for $2.99 ($9.99 shipped.) I wanted to have one to display with Qui-Gon and SS seemed to indicate we wouldn't see one from them for a LONG time, if ever. But now that I went ahead and actually bought the Hasbro Jar Jar I'm sure Sideshow will announce theirs at SDCC... :monkey1

Last edited:
Re: Its official: SS is making a 12" Jar Jar for next year

A stunning display of circuitous thinking followed up by no discernable proof whatsoever.

I'd love to see a SS Jar Jar. Episode I version. Give him a removable tongue and all those ridiculous Gungan weapons and I'd pay $40. He could be part of Sideshow's "Most Annoying" Star Wars line-up, along with Pregnant Padme and a 2-pack of Shmi and Annie. of course, most of the podracers could be represented in this line, as well as the Confederacy and a fair few of the Jedi Council.

Customikey said:
He could be part of Sideshow's "Most Annoying" Star Wars line-up, along with Pregnant Padme and a 2-pack of Shmi and Annie. of course, most of the podracers could be represented in this line, as well as the Confederacy and a fair few of the Jedi Council.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Nice... but to truly be representative they'd have to go with voice chips for the Gungan, but not one you control. He'd just continously spout off stupid things and ruin every display of your collection he appears in :monkey1 And mabye Ani could randomly yell Yipee!

As scared as I was when I saw the title of this thread, I remember an interview from Toy Fair where they asked someone from SSC if there was any character that they currently had no plans on making in either format and the only answer was Jar Jar so I think we are safe for the time being.

Why would anyone be scared by the prospect of Sideshow producing a Jar Jar figure? Even if they do make one at some point, you won't be obligated to buy it. Your collection will remain safe, as long as you choose to keep it that way.

I, for one, would proudly buy a Jar Jar if Sideshow decided to make one and I know I am not the only one. :D

Customikey said:
He could be part of Sideshow's "Most Annoying" Star Wars line-up, along with Pregnant Padme and a 2-pack of Shmi and Annie. of course, most of the podracers could be represented in this line, as well as the Confederacy and a fair few of the Jedi Council.

Don't forget the two-headed announcer, and playground scuffle Greedo. :eek:

galactiboy said:
:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Nice... but to truly be representative they'd have to go with voice chips for the Gungan, but not one you control. He'd just continously spout off stupid things and ruin every display of your collection he appears in :monkey1 And mabye Ani could randomly yell Yipee!

We had some talking figures of one of our Cricketers made here in Australia for the last seasons that were given away with slabs of beers (The Talking Boonies). It was only supposed to talk for the duration of the season.

However the Chinese made a stuff up and the damn things are still sprouting off phrases at random - you could get those guys to make the chips.

Wor-Gar said:
Why exactly is this thread here?
To, um, make fun a Jar Jar?

Alls I gotta say is I want Captain Tarpools or whatever and they need to come with those little azure spheres that sound alot like synonyms for what I called them as well as being a painful condition.

carbo-fation said:
:lol Same here! I don't have any problems with Jar Jar. As matter of fact, I think he's an essential character for SW 12" line.
I think we're in the minority. I have a feeling there wouldn't be a need for an inclusive version. But then with a smaller edition size, people would go nuts trying to get one. :lol

Batty said:
I think we're in the minority. I have a feeling there wouldn't be a need for an inclusive version. But then with a smaller edition size, people would go nuts trying to get one. :lol
I don't know... I think those who hate Jar Jar are just a very vocal minority. There are alot of closet Jar Jar lovers out there. In fact we had a similar discussion at the RS board and alot of the more "hard core" members over there said they wouold gladly buy a Jar Jar.

Im in the proJarJar group. We might be small in number.....but we've got long tongues:monkey5

I'd love a Jar Jar, I dont care if he's even an exclusive or limited (both of which I despise) but if it gets us an essential character like him, then go for it Sideshow!

Fine I'll confess, while I do think Jar Jar is annoying (as are all the gungans) I don't particularly dislike him. Not one of my favorites, but not the worst either.

I actually do a decent Jar Jar impression. Proud of it too...just not brave enough to do it around other people.

Batty said:
Aw, c'mon! Do it for us!
:lol I used to have that little monologue he gives Padme memorized but I've forgotten it now except:

"Meesa called Ja Ja Binks, Messa day startin' out petty okyday with the (something or other then) boomdegasser!"

:rotfl

Agent0028 said:
:lol I used to have that little monologue he gives Padme memorized but I've forgotten it now except:

"Meesa called Ja Ja Binks, Messa day startin' out petty okyday with the (something or other then) boomdegasser!"

:rotfl
Excellent! It was almost like the real thing! :rotfl

Back