Come on Sideshow or Somebody, MAKE A FRIGGIN RONTO Already!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icedrake707

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have been asking for a ronto with jawa riding it for years to no avail! It would look so nice next to the dewback with sandtrooper and the taun taun. Anyone else think the Ronto would be cool? I always thought they looked awesome on Tatooine in the movies; kinda like a giraffe/elephant/lama/lizard. :dance

Kinda modeled like the pic below...

Last edited:
I think the Rontos were needless additions to Star Wars.

Blasphemy! haha. I was always into the creatures. Heck I would be happy with a Gorax as well; but it would have to be way scaled down because those things are huge.

why is everyone hating on the rontos! They are better than an Eopie at least! What about a krayt dragon? They need some love too

I have been asking for a ronto with jawa riding it for years to no avail! It would look so nice next to the dewback with sandtrooper and the taun taun. Anyone else think the Ronto would be cool? I always thought they looked awesome on Tatooine in the movies; kinda like a giraffe/elephant/lama/lizard. :dance

I didn't like them in the special editions but they were fine in The Phantom Menace. So sure, I guess I wouldn't mind seeing them. I doubt it'll ever happen though. Much cooler giant beasts like rancors and whatnot that still need to see the light of day. :)

rancors are so overdone though although they are cool. A gorax maquette would be pretty cool though. I just think the Ronto would compliment the dewback. And krayt > rancor anyday though. Characters get lame and are modeled after certain real life actors which for me takes away from the star wars universe; the creatures are cool to look at.

Under normal circumstances, I would be fully supportive of a Ronto in 1:6 scale. But seeing as how Sideshow has chosen the path of polystone statues with the 1:6 beasts...

I must respectfully bow out.

I'm totally in for 1/6th ronto.....they are in my opinion a cool design, however I hate the fact ssc is doing these creatures in polystone:gah:. I would prefer vinyl like jabba with some moderate articulation.
Hopefully Hot toys will offer up some star wars creature love and do it right.

I prefer the gentle giant dewback design over the sideshow version. I would be happy with gentle giant making the ronto; they are pretty good with creatures!

I want Banthas. They are so much cooler than Rontis.

Gentle giant has the bantha with tusken coming out soon! I preordered it. But the ronto will complete the dewback/tauntaun/bantha/collection! The only other rideable beast they could make really would be an eopie or kaadu and that would just be a fail..

I'm totally in for 1/6th ronto.....they are in my opinion a cool design, however I hate the fact ssc is doing these creatures in polystone:gah:. I would prefer vinyl like jabba with some moderate articulation.
Hopefully Hot toys will offer up some star wars creature love and do it right.

Oh, you're serious. I thought this was a joke, because seriously, Rontos are stupid

On a slightly(ok, totally)unrelated topic, do any of you yahoos know what"friggin'"actually means?This is, after all, supposedly a "family-friendly" forum...PS

Oh, you're serious. I thought this was a joke, because seriously, Rontos are stupid

Yeah, my backround is in biology and I have an interest in possible xenobiology. Its actually a very well thought out design. I'm not sure how there any more stupid then a long neck dinosaur(sauropod).

Hell you live with alot of stupid animals....your in cattle country(texas)...JOKE:rotfl

I want Banthas. They are so much cooler than Rontis.

Agreed. We've got the 1/6 scale Dew, now bring on the Bantha.

The Ronto can suck my left one...way too many other creatures to be done before that.

Yeah, my backround is in biology and I have an interest in possible xenobiology. Its actually a very well thought out design. I'm not sure how there any more stupid then a long neck dinosaur(sauropod).

Hell you live with alot of stupid animals....your in cattle country(texas)...JOKE:rotfl

Actually, the area I live in there are no more farms, they all sold their properties for housing developments. In any case, compared to everything else in Star Wars that they could make, a Ronto would be possibly the last thing that anyone could want.

I wouldn't mind Boga from Episode 3 though, but with real feathers.

Back