Quarra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colossus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since we are getting Rinzler from SSC, Will Quarra be Next? :pray::pray::pray:
tron_legacy_olivia_wilde_character_poster.jpg

:drool :drool :drool :drool :drool

*Quorra

They hinted at it in a December video, but they haven't said anything about it since. Hoping it's after Rinzler as well.

*Quorra

They hinted at it in a December video, but they haven't said anything about it since. Hoping it's after Rinzler as well.

I have heard the same just wondered if there was any New Intel.

:lol:lol:lol, I didn't know Jack Napier was Riddick, I am Amused :)

Colossus, I'd pick up a Quarra from Sideshow if they made her. :rock

Just hope the get her likeness right :exactly:

1:4 lightup feature please. Anything else would be a failure!

I agree with both of you on the Light -Up, it is Tron

I would hope that either HT or SSC does some representation of her. I'm pretty sure we will see something from Sideshow because they have said they still have more product planned. I'd prefer an HT figure though to go with Kevin Flynn.

The real question is will she be the first member of sideshow's new blow up doll collection!?

Sign me up.

I hope we do see a Quorra but not sure that it's likely seeing how she didn't release her likeness rights for the spinmaster toys.

but if the do in fact release a Quorra with Olvia Wilde's likeness, I sure hope they pic a better pose than they did with Rinzler

I hope we do see a Quorra but not sure that it's likely seeing how she didn't release her likeness rights for the spinmaster toys.

but if the do in fact release a Quorra with Olvia Wilde's likeness, I sure hope they pic a better pose than they did with Rinzler

I don't think there was a right's issue with Spinmaster as much as they were trying to get product on shelves in a timely manner.
I was a frequent visitor on the Tron-Sector boards and a member named Wheat King claimed to be a Spinmaster employee. We were very confident that he actually was. Everything he told us on the boards came true and the admins were confident he was too.
This is what he said back in December:

"BlueTronWarrior Wrote:Hey Wheat, I read on another site that the Quorra figure comes with the helmet on because Olivia Wilde didn't sign off on her likeness, is that true? If so, is that issue resolved so we might get a figure without the helmet in a future wave?

Not necessarily. Action figures of female characters in a strong "boy" brand are notoriously poor sellers (April O'Niel). As ridiculous as it sounds to you and me, it is actually a good thing for toy sales that Quorra has a pretty cool looking helmet, and uses a katana. I would rather have her without her helmet (or at least have the option...especially since she ONLY wore it when driving the Light Runner), but history tells us that the "toy" buying boys don't want feminine figures. Collectors, of course (with more interest in females ), would disagree.

In this case, leaving the helmet on also helped get approval on the figure more quickly for the early waves, because it didn't need to go through talent approval. Needless to say, development timelines on licensed brands are much more tightly compressed than on non-licensed brands, so timing can be huge. Also, I don't remember knowing ahead of time how much of the movie she spent without her helmet.

All that being said, there does exist an Olivia Wilde-approved head sculpt that looks awesome."

Over the next couple of months he confirmed to us that Spinmaster's line was dead leaving some cool designs on the table. If they had continued we would have likely seen a helmetless Clu and Quorra and Kevin Flynn in his black outfit, as well as another Sam and possibly Gem. He has also mentioned that his employers had no interest in producing 1982 Tron toys.

Its no problem. I imagine if she was agreeable enough to approve one of their designs, she'd probably be cool dealing with HT and Sideshow.

I don't think there was a right's issue with Spinmaster as much as they were trying to get product on shelves in a timely manner.
I was a frequent visitor on the Tron-Sector boards and a member named Wheat King claimed to be a Spinmaster employee. We were very confident that he actually was. Everything he told us on the boards came true and the admins were confident he was too.
This is what he said back in December:

"BlueTronWarrior Wrote:Hey Wheat, I read on another site that the Quorra figure comes with the helmet on because Olivia Wilde didn't sign off on her likeness, is that true? If so, is that issue resolved so we might get a figure without the helmet in a future wave?

Not necessarily. Action figures of female characters in a strong "boy" brand are notoriously poor sellers (April O'Niel). As ridiculous as it sounds to you and me, it is actually a good thing for toy sales that Quorra has a pretty cool looking helmet, and uses a katana. I would rather have her without her helmet (or at least have the option...especially since she ONLY wore it when driving the Light Runner), but history tells us that the "toy" buying boys don't want feminine figures. Collectors, of course (with more interest in females ), would disagree.

In this case, leaving the helmet on also helped get approval on the figure more quickly for the early waves, because it didn't need to go through talent approval. Needless to say, development timelines on licensed brands are much more tightly compressed than on non-licensed brands, so timing can be huge. Also, I don't remember knowing ahead of time how much of the movie she spent without her helmet.

All that being said, there does exist an Olivia Wilde-approved head sculpt that looks awesome."

Over the next couple of months he confirmed to us that Spinmaster's line was dead leaving some cool designs on the table. If they had continued we would have likely seen a helmetless Clu and Quorra and Kevin Flynn in his black outfit, as well as another Sam and possibly Gem. He has also mentioned that his employers had no interest in producing 1982 Tron toys.

That's pretty good news for Tron fans, thanks for posting that. :goodpost::hi5:

Colossus, I love you my friend but you gotta edit the thread title! Quarra? :slap :lol

I'd welcome a 1/4 Quorra with open arms. I'd hope that she would be easier to execute than Rinzler has proven to be for Side Show since all she has to do is look pretty and hold a sexy pose - something Side Show has been able to do with other female characters.

I keep thinking there has to be more demand for a high end 1/6 or 1/4 scale Quorra than another Sucker Punch figure. Its not to diss Sucker Punch because I thought it was cool. It's just Tron: Legacy was seen by four times more people and Olivia Wilde will likely play the part again in the future.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Back