Ship date for Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vader AL

RTR
Reaction score
I'm trying to plan(if that's possible with the constant ship-dates moving) and was wondering if anyone had any clue as to when Iron Man was shipping...says 3rd quarter but I'm guessing late 3rd quarter(September). I wish Sideshow had a running list of ship dates(estimated)...or do they and I just haven't found it?

I broke down and wait listed it I don't know if I'll be able to keep it though (assuming I get it) The description says it is 16" long, which is too big for my shelves, but then it looks like maybe to look at it from the front the base would be turned diagonally so I'll have to see if it can fit. Here's to hoping!

carbo-fation said:
I really like this piece too since this is probably the closest figure we'll see to an Iron Man PF. That's why it is so hard for me to cancel my exclusive.

well with everything coming out you might need to cancel it....did i mention i have the regular that was converted but am waiting on the exclusive to convert. :D it is an awesome piece and I can't wait! i want to get a doom to go with it off of evilbay but don't want to buy them in the same month because i would feel guilty for paying that much in one month...plus my g'friend is waiting for a ring and has already seen luke and han(got both off of ebay for $330 so couldn't pass them up) come into my house and if she sees iron man and doom(and possibly leia) i think i may have to replace her when she leaves.:D

Vader AL said:
well with everything coming out you might need to cancel it....did i mention i have the regular that was converted but am waiting on the exclusive to convert. :D it is an awesome piece and I can't wait! i want to get a doom to go with it off of evilbay but don't want to buy them in the same month because i would feel guilty for paying that much in one month...plus my g'friend is waiting for a ring and has already seen luke and han(got both off of ebay for $330 so couldn't pass them up) come into my house and if she sees iron man and doom(and possibly leia) i think i may have to replace her when she leaves.:D

:lol Always tough to choose between collectibles and loved ones. But in the end you know what's right!

carbo-fation said:
:lol Always tough to choose between collectibles and loved ones. But in the end you know what's right!
Yeah collectibles can't divorce you and take half your stuff. :monkey3

I guess they didn't fix the colors on the arms. Oh well, still sweet looking!

Jason L. asks: I love the redesign of the Iron Man suit; AWESOME JOB! A couple of questions: What are your thoughts of Sideshow’s sculpture of your art and did they fix the colors on the armor (arms) in the final version? What type of projects do you have coming up in the near future?

AG: Thank you! I love the sculpture. I really liked it in the photos but seeing it in person blew me away. It’s much bigger than I imagined and the details are superb. The statue I have still has the gold forearms, but it works well so it doesn’t bother me.

I am doing a lot of design work outside of comics which will be announced in the near future. I am also doing covers for Iron Man and Fantastic Four as well as an issue of New Avengers with Brian Bendis.

Vader AL said:
I guess they didn't fix the colors on the arms. Oh well, still sweet looking!

Jason L. asks: I love the redesign of the Iron Man suit; AWESOME JOB! A couple of questions: What are your thoughts of Sideshow’s sculpture of your art and did they fix the colors on the armor (arms) in the final version? What type of projects do you have coming up in the near future?

AG: Thank you! I love the sculpture. I really liked it in the photos but seeing it in person blew me away. It’s much bigger than I imagined and the details are superb. The statue I have still has the gold forearms, but it works well so it doesn’t bother me.

I am sure that he probably has a preproduction piece and the color could still be changed for the production pieces. Since he doesn't have anything to do with Sideshow, how would he know if the color has been or will be changed?

I never noticed the forearms were a different color than the art. I actually think I prefer them gold.

i like it better too though i plan on having the comic near the statue so it would be nice if it matched but noone I know will notice since they could care less.

I Would Not let Something That Looks Like This go..................:monkey5
I have Both On Order.................The Regular and Ex..............Just in Case Or Maybe For a Friend...........................:D

Darklord Dave said:
I never noticed the forearms were a different color than the art. I actually think I prefer them gold.
I like 'em better red. Besides the color of the forearms, a lot of the dynamics of the original artwork got lost during the transition also. I still have a problem with the pose. It does not look like IM is hitting the ground in rage. To me it looks like he's leaning forward, sustaining his body.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
It does not look like IM is hitting the ground in rage. To me it looks like he's leaning forward, sustaining his body.

I see what you mean. It looks like Iron Man's alter ego had too much to drink again.

I never thought he was hitting the ground in rage but had just landed hard. They had a similar image in Superman Returns with the cracked earth all around. If he is landing, then he is just leaning forward to catch himself, sort of.

Darklord Dave said:
I never thought he was hitting the ground in rage but had just landed hard. They had a similar image in Superman Returns with the cracked earth all around. If he is landing, then he is just leaning forward to catch himself, sort of.

But then again, would not the impact bigger on the feet instead of the fist?

yeah i get that impression too but then again, what an AWESOME piece.

we are a sad bunch aren't we? :)

Back