Best way to make snow effect on boots?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterToyNYC

Super Freak
Reaction score
Greetings:

I'm currently working on a WWII Bastogne soldier. What is the best way to add some snow on his boots? How can I also make them look wet?

Is there perhaps an online tutorial anyone knows of? Pics are always helpful.

I've spoken members over at te OSW and one suggested baking powder and dull coat. I tried this method and it looks good. The only problem seems is that if the figure is handled too much the baking pwder will start to come off.

I was thinking of either spraying it with more dull coat or perhaps using fixative spray.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Eric

Greetings:

I'm currently working on a WWII Bastogne soldier. What is the best way to add some snow on his boots? How can I also make them look wet?

Is there perhaps an online tutorial anyone knows of? Pics are always helpful.

I've spoken members over at te OSW and one suggested baking powder and dull coat. I tried this method and it looks good. The only problem seems is that if the figure is handled too much the baking pwder will start to come off.

I was thinking of either spraying it with more dull coat or perhaps using fixative spray.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Eric

I used to work with pyrex glass powder. Its small, smaller than a grain of sand, but you can try a cheaper version, I think. Try microsphere glass bubbles. It looks the same I think. Technically, I haven't try it but while searching for pyrex glass powder, I came upon this microsphere glass bubbles.

Just paint a thin layer of glue on the boot/surface and sprinkle or dipped into the microsphere glass bubbles. Try again for a certain layers when dry.

Of course, you can try an even cheaper kind: sugar. Just glue and paint over it.

This is interesting challenge.....I would certainly try this when I need it.

Back