Anyone Else Get their Medicom Symbiote Spider-Man?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spideyfan

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I got mine saturday. Love the figures and all the extra hands. I am starting to fell a little buyers remorse because of the price. Not so much because of what I spent but because I want the other Spidey related figures Carnage, Venom, & Regular Costume Spidey now to display with. And that is going to cost me $300+. Damn collecting bug

Here are some pics. These are bigbeltz the second from https://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312914

Last edited:
I have the comic spidey, very awesome figure. i'll be getting my symbiote spidey on tuesday. i think they compliment each other very well.

Should be here on Tuesday... I'm still a bit on the fence about this one... but I love the comic version so we'll see. So does anyone know if the box was actually different like some were predicting? I've only seen one image from the Spawn Forum and it looked pretty much the same...

Medicom Spiderman at the Spawn Forum

share some pics, these figs look so cool, but im having trouble finding money for my sideshow figures let alone jumping into the Medicom collection.

I am definitely not jumping into this bandwagon but I did wanted to try a Medicom figure out. After much debating I went ahead and ordered my favorite character in his classic Black Costume. :monkey3

SolidLiquidFox said:
I am definitely not jumping into this bandwagon but I did wanted to try a Medicom figure out. After much debating I went ahead and ordered my favorite character in his classic Black Costume. :monkey3

yeah the black spiderman costume is definately my favorite including the new one that he has now during the Civil War.

:welcome Spideyfan!

I got mine and as far as I can tell the box is the same as the regular Spidey. One disapointing aspect I thought was that they used the same unposable boots on him even though they're all black. It would seem that it could have just been a footie so he'd have some ankle articulation.

I just found out my waitlist got called, so mine should be here this week. I was surprised I got it, I only signed up for the waitlist two weeks ago.

My only concern is that the black of the plastic stands out too much from the black of the costume... its not really a problem with the comic version since there are different colors and textures in the costume. I'm just waiting to see what he looks like in person.

Dave, you know the rubbery boots on the comic will hold a pose right? They look a little funky/moonbootish, but you can move his feet and they pretty well stay.

Nice pics Spideyfan, and welcome to the board!
After seeing your pics of the final figure, I'm so glad I didn't cancel my order, I think he looks amazing. The head isn't too small, and works well with the cloth costume imo.
Although I don't like the exposed metal joints on the wrists, all Medicom Marvel figures have them so it's something I've come to live with.
I also saw your pictures of Rei Ayanami over on the Spawn forum earlier (not a member, just lurking), I'm kind of glad I canceled that figure to be honest. I'd much rather have Symbiote Spidey.
So does anyone know if the box was actually different like some were predicting?
I'm not sure if you're asking if the box is designed differently; but from Spideyfan's pictures, Spidey's costume is the Black Sybiote on the cover and in the comic panel excerpts. So that's different then the other two Medicom Spidey figure boxes (the movie version also has die cut webbing on the 5th window panel).

first off...WELCOME SPIDEYFAN :horse tothe freak show!!!

Second: it looks great but shouldn't symbiote spidey shoot out his web from the top of his hand of is that Venom's? or both of them shoot out their web under the hand?

You are correct about the use of webbing. But he does come with fists that can be made to look like he is shooting webbing.

I got my first Medicom figures today - admittedly they are the cheapass G-force ones ;)

I managed to get Mark, Jason and the Takara Cool-Girls Princess for $US85 for the lot + shipping - I thought that was a pretty good deal.

I'm a bit on the fence about the Medicom spiderman - basically cos I don't think its that hard to custom bash what they have..... essentially its a black skin suit with white markings added (which I imagine you could use iron on transfers). Given the basicness of the figure - I think I'll wait for triads new bodies (because of the skintight costume) and give it a bash then.

LordAzrael said:
I got my first Medicom figures today - admittedly they are the cheapass G-force ones ;)

I managed to get Mark, Jason and the Takara Cool-Girls Princess for $US85 for the lot + shipping - I thought that was a pretty good deal.

I'm a bit on the fence about the Medicom spiderman - basically cos I don't think its that hard to custom bash what they have..... essentially its a black skin suit with white markings added (which I imagine you could use iron on transfers). Given the basicness of the figure - I think I'll wait for triads new bodies (because of the skintight costume) and give it a bash then.

Good luck with that. Also post pics when you make one.

screamingmetal said:
I'm not sure if you're asking if the box is designed differently; but from Spideyfan's pictures, Spidey's costume is the Black Sybiote on the cover and in the comic panel excerpts. So that's different then the other two Medicom Spidey figure boxes (the movie version also has die cut webbing on the 5th window panel).

Actually there had been some grumblings a few months back that for the Symbiotes distributed through Sideshow the box would be altered (maybe just slightly), to be different from the mail-away version sold exclusively in Japan. I haven't heard anything since and so my question was if anyone knows if this packaging has any changes to it... such as a Sideshow logo, or something like that.

LordAzrael said:
I think I'll wait for triads new bodies (because of the skintight costume) and give it a bash then.

I wouldn't bother with a triad body for it... with the hero figures Medicom has used very muscled bodies so you get a lot of definition showing through the costume and the articulation doesn't look akward at all. I think its something that they added to the 301 body to make it more defined looking. I have a Luke and comic Spidey and their bodies are very different, and Spidey's actually a bit taller.

Just got my Spidey today plus other goodies. As far as the box goes, it looks the same as the Japanese box. No Sideshow logos anywhere.
mycollectible002.jpg

I got the exact same items today as well. Was not expecting the softcover catalog. It's good to have as I won't have to mess with my limited edition hardcover too much. This can be my reading copy.

Back